Easily share a single person's accounts in Connections

Let us know how we can make the site better for you.

Postby highered » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am

It would be great to be able to easily share a single person's accounts with someone else via Connections. Currently, you have to manually wade through which number belongs to whom to select it for sharing.

Example:
I'd like to keep all four family member's accounts in my account.
I'd like to share A's accounts with A's login; B's with B's login; and C's with C's login automatically.
highered

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:40 pm

So I assume you don't want B to see C's accounts? When you go to add a new program and enter user name: 12345 and password abcd how would we know whose account this actually is? Does it belong to A, B or C? Do you set the account owners? Perhaps I am still not understanding the scenario.
SiteAdmin

Postby highered » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 pm

SiteAdmin wrote:So I assume you don't want B to see C's accounts? When you go to add a new program and enter user name: 12345 and password abcd how would we know whose account this actually is? Does it belong to A, B or C? Do you set the account owners? Perhaps I am still not understanding the scenario.

Thanks for your reply. I think perhaps I am not being clear.

You would know whose account is whose because your site collects that information. Every time I add a new account, I am asked to select an "Account Owner". I can also make a connection with another person's AwardWallet.com username and I can share accounts on an individual basis. What I would like to do is choose when I add a shared connection to share all of a specified account owner's accounts with that person so they can view them under their login (without my having to manually go through to set the proper associations).
highered

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

I see, so this is after you already added all of your accounts. The problem is that this would be hard to implement as the account holder's name is not always gathered, so it would not be reliable. Also going forward as you add more accounts you should just be selecting the correct account owner from the beginning, I think this is how most AwardWallet users use the site.
SiteAdmin

Postby highered » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:05 pm

SiteAdmin wrote:IThe problem is that this would be hard to implement as the account holder's name is not always gathered, so it would not be reliable. .

I don't see how this is mutually exclusive. If an account doesn't have a name associated with it, it doesn't have to be auto-shared. If it does, it should be.

At any rate, what would make it easier for me would be if at least one could see the names in the list when one goes to try to give other Connections access to accounts. Right now it's just a long list with account numbers and program names but no account holder names.
highered

Re: Easily share a single person's accounts in Connections

Postby yvayns01 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

I think I asked pretty much for the same thing a few days ago.

The easiest way to implement would be to add an option under each person: "Transfer account management", where you can transfer it to one of your connected users. If they accept, all of this person's accounts become theirs and if you've shared any of these accounts in the past, this sharing is removed; however, accounts become shared with you (previous manager).

Also, please require the name of each person whose accounts you manage to be unique. When you transfer management to a connected user, if he already has the same name, accounts should be combined under a single person.
yvayns01

Postby tkmera » Wed May 05, 2010 7:36 pm

yvayns01 wrote:...
The easiest way to implement would be to add an option under each person: "Transfer account management", where you can transfer it to one of your connected users. If they accept, all of this person's accounts become theirs and if you've shared any of these accounts in the past, this sharing is removed; however, accounts become shared with you (previous manager).

This is a good idea. We will look into implementing this. Thanks for the input.
tkmera

Postby SiteAdmin » Sat May 08, 2010 11:18 am

Yes a development case for this has already been created.
SiteAdmin

Return to Suggestions