Delta Airlines forced us to stop supporting their program

Delta Airlines forced us to stop supporting their program

Administrators of AwardWallet.com will post announcements into this forum. Regular users can reply but not create new announcements.

Re: Delta Airlines forced us to stop supporting their progra

Postby Yeraze » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm amazed that Airline frequent flyer programs are more paranoid than Banks & Credit Cards.. They let sites like Mint scrape their info just fine, and I think my Banking info is far more valuable than my miles balance.
Yeraze

Postby Borealdreams » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:54 pm

to Delta just now...

"Dear Delta,
I was distraught to receive notice yesterday that you have legally requested AwardWallet to Cease & Desist from accessing my account information on my behalf even though I have given them full rights to do so. Let's say yesterday, I spent 16hrs of my day trying to fly from DEN to TPA, and it was full of hassles (plane broke down after pushback, changed & delayed flights, and then having to wait around 2.5 hours after arriving in TPA to get my luggage that came in later), and this all did not bother me in the least, because you are my favorite airline & treat me like a king (free upgrades to 1st Class on all 4 legs of my recent DEN to SJO & return flights), so I continue to patronize Delta for almost every personal & business trip I take, even if it is slightly more costly than the alternative airlines.

I've racked up almost 150,000 miles in the past 2 years flying with Delta, and I use AwardWallet to track my miles as well as a quick single click access to my Skymiles account. I was irritated when American did the same earlier this year, and I've stopped flying with them. I don't want to do the same with Delta, as there is no reason for this legal action being taken against AwardWallet that is greatly assisting me in my very busy travel schedule, where I ultimately turn to Delta for most of my flight arrangements.

For what purpose are you going down this pathway?! AwardWallet does not threaten my privacy information, it does not market or spam me, it greatly increases my ability to make & track travel arrangements, even allowing quick posting of itineraries to my Google Calendar which is invaluable to me in my hectic travel schedule, and in turn it provides a greater level of customer satisfaction to all the participating airlines/hotels/rental agencies. I would use the Delta app on my phone, however often it forgets my account number & I don't have time to look it up, just like my computer can forget it, or if I need to access my Skymiles account from a public computer, I have to track it down, making it a huge hassle that I probably will not do and hence my choice to travel with Delta will decline. There is no gain by this, only loss for both Delta and their customers who want to continue being loyal, but whose loyalty will fade if AwardWallet is banned by Delta from doing what the customer wants in the first place.

I sincerely hope Delta reconsiders this very poor choice as it not to their benefit to do such.
Borealdreams

Postby nafaway » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Just another example of Deltas poor customer service ethic. Their frequent flyer program is one of the worst...no wonder they dont want you to have them on the radar screen. When I use my Delta points I will try not to fly them again.
nafaway

Postby curhan88 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 am

Just hit SM status for the first time, and I am already regretting my decision. Sent an email to Delta voicing my displeasure, as members of a program I feel that we should at least be given some notice to upcoming changes, imagine what would happen if other companies just decided to make changes without notifying their loyal customers.
curhan88

Postby MQUINLAN » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 am

Response I received back from Delta today after filing a complaint:

Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines inquiring about blocking Award Wallet website. We regret any inconvenience.

While we can understand how you’ve become accustomed to using this tool, Delta does not have a contractual business relationship with this organization. The use of information from delta.com was unauthorized and employed automated screen scraping techniques that we don’t allow as it can hinder system performance.

We appreciate the utility of looking at multiple people's reservations and will consider that for a future mobile release. We are also working on improving app notifications. The Fly Delta app has been highly rated by our users and we plan to continue offering highly useable information for your travel experience in the future, but we know there's room for improvement. We will take your feedback into consideration.
MQUINLAN

Postby fishburne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:50 pm

To whom do we complain by email at Delta?
Thanks
fishburne

Postby checkxp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm

joelgasaway wrote:The petition you all requested: get it viral :D

http://www.change.org/petitions/delta-airlines-allow-awardwallet-to-access-consenting-delta-customers-data?share_id=xwdgtznnHI&utm_campaign=petition_creator_email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition&utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created_email

Please remove this petition, there is already a petition earlier in this post. Let's get organised and not have 500 petitions going around, we'll get nowhere like this. I appreciate your effort nonetheless!

Here is the "correct" petition link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/delta-airlines-reverse-your-recent-lockout-of-awardwallet-service#

Thanks
checkxp

Postby Borealdreams » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 pm

I just received the same response as MQUINLAN from my complaint email of last night. Also with the addition of this paragraph...

As a Gold Medallion member, you are an integral part of our customer
base and we are always interested in your feedback. Thank you for taking
the time to write. We deeply value your business and hope you will
continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

idk, yes I love AW, but as mentioned Delta does treat me like a king when I fly, today even I changed to an earlier flight and did not have to pay a change fee or difference in fare, that would have never flown on another airline, so I'll continue to us AW for my other programs, but doubt I will be switching much loyalty towards another carrier. Hell US Airways charges more for a window or aisle seat after you select the published fair and that's not even for "economy plus", so they won't be getting much of my business other than when absolutely necessary. The truth of the matter is, you are always best of staying with one carrier over the other to reap the benefits of the programs.
Borealdreams

Postby jodisegal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Award wallet is the easiest way for me to keep track of my logins and passwords. Why would Delta cut off access to efficient account management?
jodisegal

Postby jpaintercfe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:54 pm

This is really unfortunate and does not reinforce Delta's customer friendly updates. I do hope they see the number of customers who are not pleased with this decision.
jpaintercfe

Postby checkxp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 am

Does this mean that the Delta program will be discontinued on the OneCard too????
checkxp

Postby TheBisch » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 am

Delta's response to my complaint.

Thank you for your e-mail sharing your feelings around our decision to
block access to our website regarding AwardWallet.com. On behalf of
Delta Air Lines, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to express
your opinion and offer feedback.

While we can understand how you’ve become accustomed to using this tool,
Delta does not have a contractual business relationship with this
organization. The use of information from delta.com was unauthorized and
employed automated screen scraping techniques that we don’t allow.

We appreciate the utility of looking at multiple people’s reservations
and will consider that for a future mobile release. We are also working
on improving app notifications. The Fly Delta app has been consistently
rated highly by our users and we plan to continue offering highly
useable information for your travel experience in the future, but we
know there’s room for improvement. We will take your feedback into
consideration.

In closing, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your
support as a Platinum Medallion member, and for your
loyalty since 1986. You are an integral part of our customer
base and we are always interested in your feedback. Moving forward we
will make every attempt to serve you well; we are focused on the future
and appreciate our continued business relationship.

And here's my response to that....

Obviously, you don't even know what AwardWallet.com is used for. It's not used for looking at multiple people's reservations. It's used to track my miles on your airline, as well as other airlines and my hotel points. It's much more convenient for me to look at my points balances there, than to have to log into a bunch of websites. In this day and age, you should be concerned about what makes travel more convenient for your most loyal customers, not what makes it less convenient.

So, since you are so interested in my feedback, here it is: To replace the lost functionality you caused by your decision to deny access to AwardWallet, you should allow me to see my miles balances on United and American Airlines and my points balances on Marriott and Hilton on your Fly Delta app. Please build this in soon, as my schedule is hectic enough as it is...
TheBisch

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Thank you for the posts, there were some questions asked about an app that can do this locally on your computer. So we built that for AA and we got nowhere with it. It was a browser extension which stored all the data locally on your computer and accessed their site via your own browser. We were told to discontinue that. We attempted to run this idea by Delta, but Delta does not want to talk to us. Technically we could release this extension tomorrow and it would allow you to track your Delta info by logging into Delta.com from your own computer. We hope that Delta will at least talk to us after they hear all of your complaints.
SiteAdmin

Postby petrapenang » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:57 pm

AA and Delta are our unfortunate casualties... However, is it possible for us to "at least" manually track AA and Delta in AW? Two minor inconveniences is small compared to most of the others which I can automatically track via AW.
petrapenang

Postby greatrep » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:20 am

Why would they do this. It will actually hurt their business???? How do I Email them to tell them that myself and 1000's of others are upset.
Gene Herts
greatrep

Postby SiteAdmin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:19 pm

petrapenang wrote:AA and Delta are our unfortunate casualties... However, is it possible for us to "at least" manually track AA and Delta in AW? Two minor inconveniences is small compared to most of the others which I can automatically track via AW.

You have always had an option to add a "custom program":

https://awardwallet.com/account/edit.ph ... rAgentID=0
SiteAdmin

Postby SiteAdmin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:20 pm

greatrep wrote:Why would they do this. It will actually hurt their business???? How do I Email them to tell them that myself and 1000's of others are upset.
Gene Herts

One option you have is to sign this petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/delta-a ... t-service#
SiteAdmin

Postby zshanlon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Are there any plans for a plug-in work around?
zshanlon

Postby jgoggan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 am

It is interesting that, unlike AA, Delta appears to be arguing that problem isn't security related really -- but is an "abuse" of their web services.

So, they don't really CARE about their customers -- they aren't even trying to ARGUE that it is to protect us. They just want to be annoying twits for the sake of being annoying twits, apparently...

- John...
jgoggan

Postby SiteAdmin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

So here is the workaround. Everyone at AwardWallet got a personal mailbox: [your user name]@awardwallet.com - you can configure your Delta profile to send your milage statement to this address we will update your profile based on the information in that email and also forward it (or any other message they send to your mailbox) to the email you have on file with us:

https://www.delta.com/profile/basicInfo.action

Make sure you have your Delta account added to your AwardWallet profile (https://awardwallet.com/account/edit.ph ... rID=7&ID=0) with the correct Delta account number (this is how we will know what account to update).

Finally, make sure you opt-in to receive Delta statements:

Attachments
Notifications.png
(159.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
deltaProfile.png
(67.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SiteAdmin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements