AwardWallet OneCard

AwardWallet OneCard

Administrators of AwardWallet.com will post announcements into this forum. Regular users can reply but not create new announcements.

AwardWallet OneCard

Postby SiteAdmin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Today we released AwardWallet OneCard. It is described in this FAQ:

http://awardwallet.com/faqs.php#31

AwardWallet OneCard is a credit card sized plastic card with magnetic strip (which enables you to check in for your flights at airport kiosks ). The card will have your personal account numbers and program phone numbers printed on the front and back sides. The card can contain up to 30 different loyalty program accounts listed. We have two types of cards: gold and silver. Those AwardWallet members who have over 1 million miles and points will get a gold card and those who have fewer than 1 million miles and points will get a silver card. The cards will be shipped internationally as well as within United States via regular United States Postal Service.
SiteAdmin

Re: AwardWallet OneCard

Postby mikesteg » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:20 am

Very cool!

A couple of questions:

(1) Would the card have just my account numbers, or will it have everything tracked under my account (ie. my wife and kids?)

(2) It is just the user name on the magstrip or is there more information? This would make an ideal key for the room safes on many cruise ships (where you leave your CCs in the safe), as long as there is no sensitive information on there.

(3) Maybe you should have a rust coloured model for those of us with just a few hundred thousand points? :D

Thanks!
Mike
mikesteg

Postby SiteAdmin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

mikesteg wrote:Very cool!

A couple of questions:

(1) Would the card have just my account numbers, or will it have everything tracked under my account (ie. my wife and kids?)

So the card does not track anything really, it is more of a "snapshot in time" it has your elite levels listed along with account numbers and phone numbers for any given program. The true purpose of the card is if you have some of those loyalty cards that you never use but carry in your wallet "just in case" - it is intended to replace those and free up space in your wallet.

mikesteg wrote:(2) It is just the user name on the magstrip or is there more information? This would make an ideal key for the room safes on many cruise ships (where you leave your CCs in the safe), as long as there is no sensitive information on there.

The only personal info that is stored on the magnetic strip is your name - it makes it possible to check in for flights at kiosks but it won't unlock your hotel rooms, etc :)

mikesteg wrote:(3) Maybe you should have a rust coloured model for those of us with just a few hundred thousand points? :D

Haha, silver is what we went with :) so far there were a lot more silver cards printed than the gold ones :)
SiteAdmin

Postby mikesteg » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 am

So the card does not track anything really, it is more of a "snapshot in time" it has your elite levels listed along with account numbers and phone numbers for any given program. The true purpose of the card is if you have some of those loyalty cards that you never use but carry in your wallet "just in case" - it is intended to replace those and free up space in your wallet.

Sorry, to clarify: I know it's not updated once it's printed. I was wondering if the snapshot would include (for instance) my AAdvantage number and my wife's, since both are tracked under my AwardWallet account?

The only personal info that is stored on the magnetic strip is your name - it makes it possible to check in for flights at kiosks but it won't unlock your hotel rooms, etc

Just to clarify on that: the safes on many cruise ships are opened/closed by a magstripe. They tell you not to use your room key for obvious reasons. The next best option is to use a credit card, but then the credit card can't be in the safe. This card would make a great option for that use, and it seems like it'll work. (Another option is to save a cancelled credit card and use that as a safe key.)
mikesteg

Postby SiteAdmin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 pm

mikesteg wrote:Sorry, to clarify: I know it's not updated once it's printed. I was wondering if the snapshot would include (for instance) my AAdvantage number and my wife's, since both are tracked under my AwardWallet account?

Well, we recommend in that case to print two cards - one for you and one for your wife but if you wanted you could manually include any account onto OneCard by selecting those accounts from a drop down menu. If they all fit (there is a limit of 30 accounts per card) then sure you could combine them.

mikesteg wrote:Just to clarify on that: the safes on many cruise ships are opened/closed by a magstripe. They tell you not to use your room key for obvious reasons. The next best option is to use a credit card, but then the credit card can't be in the safe. This card would make a great option for that use, and it seems like it'll work. (Another option is to save a cancelled credit card and use that as a safe key.)

Interesting. I don't know how they encode the safes. If you were to order two cards one for you and one for your wife you could have them encode the safe with your card and then you could try to open it with your wife's card. In general OneCard was not designed for something like this but I think it will work if you can use your credit card as a key.
SiteAdmin

Postby JMMotyer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Is anyone else experiencing problems on the "AwardWallet OneCard Order" page?

I select the account (person) that I wish a card for & click on Proceed. But on the next page, near the bottom, when I click on Continue, nothing happens, and in the bottom-left corner of my browser I see "Error on page".

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 professional 64-bit, pop-up blocker turned off, and Avast Internet Security. Tried it on 3 different PCs (all the same configuartion), with the same error. I don't have any other browser installed that I can try.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
John
JMMotyer

Postby SiteAdmin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Indeed we had a problem with IE. We had it resolved about 12 hours ago, so please try one more time. Apologies for this!
SiteAdmin

Postby pieterde » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 am

SiteAdmin wrote:Haha, silver is what we went with :) so far there were a lot more silver cards printed than the gold ones :)

So how about a Platinum card for those with more than two million miles? :shock:
pieterde

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 am

The printer has two hoppers, not three :)
SiteAdmin

Postby emeyers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:19 pm

I am wondering if I donate $25 for the 3 cards (versus $10 for just one) if I can get one card now, and save the other two cards for later redemption. For example, I just started the mile game recently, and I am sure 3 or 6 months from now later on down the road I will have even more accounts to display on the card, so rather than get all 3 cards printed now (which will quickly become outdated), I would like to get one now, and save the other two for print at a later time when I have updated accounts. Would this work?
emeyers

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm

This is exactly how it works. All you buy is "credits" you can order the actual cards whenever, now or later.
SiteAdmin

Postby crzn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:01 am

Will the Onecard have AA info?
crzn

Postby SiteAdmin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:12 am

crzn wrote:Will the Onecard have AA info?

If you are logging in using Safari, Chrome of Firefox then you would be able to add your AA account and yes it would be included on the OneCard. Otherwise you would have to add it manually to the OneCard.
SiteAdmin

Postby daclyde » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Has anyone had any problems with kiosks reading their OneCard? The Delta kiosks in San Diego would not read mine properly back in January, but later in the month, the American Airlines kiosk in Richmond, VA read it just fine.
daclyde

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes as matter of fact we would be very interested in knowing that too!
SiteAdmin

Postby Avidflyer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:54 am

Does this card work in Australia?
Avidflyer

Postby SiteAdmin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm

The main value of the card is all of your account numbers being printed on it. The kiosk checkin is secondary and may or may not work in Australia, we have not tested it there.
SiteAdmin

Postby rwalia99 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:51 pm

This is a great product. I regularly pull it out of my wallet to get airline phone numbers. Great idea!
rwalia99

Postby ilian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks, looking forward to trying the OneCard!
Last edited by ilian on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilian

Postby kapske » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Not worth the trouble, cant get my gold status colored card because this website doesnt support AA or SWA. This websites has more bugs than a Howard Johnson Bed :evil:
kapske

Next

Return to Announcements