AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Almost every major airline has its shopping portal, which is an excellent way to pick some extra miles while you shop for everyday items. There are various strategies you can use to maximize your earnings from airline shopping portals. Below are some of the major airlines and their shopping portals:
- American Airlines’ shopping portal is the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall
- Alaska Airlines has Mileage Plan™ Shopping
- British Airways has a shopping portal for US and UK members via the British Airways Avios eStore
- Delta Airlines has its own SkyMiles Shopping
- JetBlue has its online portal called The ShopTrue Mall
- Qantas offers up the Qantas Points Online Mall to earn additional miles
- Singapore Air lets you earn KrisFlyer miles with their portal KrisFlyer Spree
- Southwest Airlines’ shopping is through Rapid Rewards Shopping®
- United lets you earn miles through MileagePlus Shopping
- Virgin Australia has the Velocity eStore
Maximizing Your Earning
One of the best ways to maximize your earning is to use the reward comparison site such as evreward. Just head over to evreward, and enter the name of the retailer with which you want to shop.
If for example, you wanted to purchase an item from Macy's just enter Macy's and hit enter. The search will return all the different programs that are partnered with Macy's and what your earning rates would be.
In the aforementioned case, your best option might be Spirit Airlines, as opposed to the American portal which would only earn you 3 miles per dollar. Maybe you don't want Spirit miles, so you'd pick American — but the options and listings are there to choose.
The site indexes thousands of stores, including some big-name retailers like Overstock, Macy's, Target, and more. Some other sites just like evreward that you could consider using are CashBackHolic.com and CashBackMonitor.com
Things To Remember
To avoid getting frustrated and losing out on those extra miles, you need to make sure that you do a few things:
- Always click through the link from your portal and make your purchase from the window that pops up
- Make sure that you have cookies enabled on both sites so that the shopping portal can “track” your purchase, which means you get your miles
- Do not use promo codes or coupons found elsewhere, only use those on the shopping portal, otherwise, you might invalidate your earning
- Double-check the terms and conditions; some purchases may be ineligible, and you will not earn miles. A very common item that is ineligible is gift cards, which the purchase will earn you no miles
Shopping portals are a great way to boost your mileage balance, and keep your account active; depending on what strategy you use you can double dip on earnings. One thing to remember is to regularly check back with your favorite portal since they regularly run promotions (especially around the holiday season) which will earn you a ton of extra miles. So, enjoy and happy shopping!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.