AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Award Travel 101 podcast is back with more Award Travel 101 member wins, transfer bonuses, and another session of “Meet the Mods.” If you want us to air your question, send us an email or reach out to us in the Award Travel 101 Facebook Community.
Award Travel 101 Podcast Show Format
We break each show into six sections:
- Question/Win of the Week — asked or shared by members of the community
- News & Enhanced Offers
- What Bonuses Did We Get — which will tell you what credit cards we're working on and why
- Trip Updates
- Highlight Feature
- What You Didn't Know — a feature dedicated to a big or small tip that will help you better maximize the value you receive from your rewards.
How to Listen to the Award Travel 101 Podcast
You can find us anywhere you listen to other fine podcasts including:
- 1 — Meet Award Travel 101 Community Administrators Angie & Joe
- 2 — Booking a Dream (African Safari) Trip
- 3 — Creating Memories Through Big AND Small Trips
- 4 — 8 Steps to Better Award Travel
- 5 — Cruise (on Points), Racking and Stacking, and Keep or Kick it to the Curb
- 6 — Transfer Bonuses, Hyatt Bonus Journeys, and Benefits of AwardWallet
- 7 — So Many Program Changes with AwardWallet’s JT Genter
- 8 — Hyatt Changes, AA Domestic First Class Routes, and Meet the Mods (Jackie Wisniewski)
- 9 — Sapphire Lounge Opening, New Bonuses, Meet the Mods (Jerod Morales), and Business Class for Six
- 10 — When to Part with Points and Angie's Safari Trip
Award Travel 101 Podcast Episode 11 Show Notes
Points for the Win (from the group)
To think 3 years ago, I had no clue about the world of travel hacking and now getting great use of my Southwest Companion Pass and Hyatt bookings. This is truly making memories. I still have a long way to go to really make my miles/points go further but so far I am pretty pleased. Thanks to all the enablers in this awesome group my travel addiction is in overdrive.
News & Enhanced Offers
- Earn up to 7X points on Chase co-branded cards
- Transfer bonuses:
- 25% Flying Blue Transfer Bonus from Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Flying Blue discounted monthly promotion
- 30% Hilton Honors transfer bonus from Amex Membership Rewards – Mike Zaccheo to take advantage speculatively of this for gymnastics/softball tournaments
- Hyatt elite status fast track through Bilt
What Bonuses Did We Get?
- Joe: two new Chase Ink cards. 1st Business card (Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card — see Ink Unlimited review) for Joe's “Player 2”. Here's how you may qualify too! After 10 days pending, I was approved for my 5th Ink card and 4th Ink Business Cash® Credit Card (see Ink Cash review) with a reconsideration call. Need the numbers for Chase, Citi, or Amex reconsideration? What can you do with 300K Ultimate Rewards points?
- Mike: Also finally got approved for Ink Unlimited! Initially denied. Called reconsideration and a week later was approved.
P2: United℠ Business Card (see United Business Card review). She is making a few solo trips, so having the two club passes and a free first checked bag was key.
- Nonstop for 2/4 using Google Flights and trick I shared in our premium Award Travel 201 community
- Same trick got us all 4 tickets a few days later
- Mike – Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Phoenix
- 1 night Bellagio – Amex FHR
Highlight Feature: Meet the Mods – Mike Zaccheo
- Introduction to travel rewards/loyalty programs
- Family Travel
What You Didn't Know: Mike’s Tips
Positioning from small/medium non-hub cities. Mike's home airport — Erie, PA (ERI) — is losing another airline. So, here's how he now searches for flights:
- Start with Google Flights, enter ERI, BUF, CLE, and PIT as your origin.
- Also, start in reverse. Enter a destination and using Wikipedia enter the major hubs that fly to there. Also, airline websites or Point.me.
- Don’t fear layovers! That’s why we have lounge access.
Where To Find Award Travel 101
For questions, you can join us in the free 92,000+ member Award Travel 101 Community.
- If you want to jump into more intermediate and advanced strategies, our Award Travel 201 community ($89.99 annually) is filled with those who want to dig into the weeds, looking for more outsized value.
- To book time with our team to discuss how to better your earning and burning strategies, check out Award Travel 1-on-1.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If in-person learning is your style, you can check out our next meetup or register now!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.