AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Update: One Mile at a Time has a link for a 150% bonus. Hat tip to Mary for pointing out an even better offer.
Avianca's Cyber Week sale is offering an impressive 145% bonus when you purchase Avianca LifeMiles. The promotion matches the best offer we've seen to buy LifeMiles, but you'll need to act before December 3, 2019.
- The Promotion is valid for purchases through December 3, 2019.
- Receive a 145% bonus when you purchase Avianca LifeMiles.
- The minimum purchase is 1,000 miles for $33.
- The maximum purchase is 200,000 miles per calendar year (490,000 miles with the current bonus).
Using Avianca LifeMiles
Avianca has a well-developed program, with plenty of sweet spots. Some of the best values can be found with Star Alliance partner awards. Highlights include:
- First-class from the U.S. to Europe for 87,000 miles one way, including Lufthansa’s legendry first class.
- Business-class to the Middle East from the U.S. for 78,000 miles one way.
- Business-class transcontinental flights within the U.S. for 25,000 miles one way.
- Economy-class to Australia and New Zealand from the U.S. for 40,000 miles one way.
If you are looking to boost your Avianca LifeMiles balance, then this is as good as it gets. Even at the minimum purchase of 1,000 miles, you'll be paying just under 1.35 cents per point. That said, no matter how good the deal is (including this one), we don't recommend buying miles without a specific use in mind. Unlike most airlines, Avianca processes these purchases internally, so you can earn some extra points by using a card with a bonus category for airfare.
Update: See this post for a 150% bonus. Registration should be instant for the higher offer.
Are you planning to buy LifeMiles? Let us know how you plan to use them in the comments.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.