AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Choice Hotels has announced their latest promotion that guarantees at least 8,000 points for 2 stays. This promo is somewhat complicated since it does not give a set number of bonus points, but instead a set number of total points. However, ultimately every two stays you will earn enough points for a free night.
- You need to register for the promo
- Promo is valid for stays between April 2 and May 25, 2018
- Earn 8,000 points total for 2 stays – Including the 10 points per dollar spent you normally earn
- Spend more than $300 on room rates and receive a 5,000-point bonus
- Promo is only open to US and Canadian residents
- FAQs — Terms & Conditions
Earning Examples (from Choice)
- Stay 2 times and get: Points for 1 free night at 1,000 hotels at the 8,000-point level
- Stay 4 times and get: Points for 2 free nights at 1,000 hotels at the 8,000-point level OR Points 1 free night at over 4,800 hotels, at the 16,000-point level
- Stay 6 times and get: Points for 3 free nights at 1,000 hotels at the 8,000-point level OR Points for 1 free night at over 5,500 hotels at the 20,000-point level + up to 4,000 points left!
- Stay 8 times and get: Points for 4 free nights at 1,000 hotels at the 8,000-point level OR Points 2 free nights at over 4,800 hotels, at the 16,000-point level OR Points for 1 free night at over 6,300 hotels at the 30,000-point level + up to 2,000 points left!
Is It Worth It
Interestingly this promo seems to reward those that spend less rather than big spenders. Indeed, if you stay two nights spending $50 per night for a total of $100, you would receive 1,000 points for your stay plus an additional 7,000 points to bring you up to the minimum of 8,000 points. If, on the other hand, you spend $300 for two stays, you would receive 3,000 points for your stays plus an additional 5,000-point bonus for a total point tally of 8,000 points.
This structure effectively means that your bonus earning potential stagnates after spending $300 for two stays, and that you are far better off spending the least you can to maximize your bonus point earning.
Keep in mind that 8,000 Choice points will only get you into one of Choice hotels’ lower ranked properties. To hit one of their more high-end properties costing 30,000 points per night, you will need to stay 8 times, which while appreciated is hardly worth writing home about.
If you regularly visit areas where Choice hotels offer a good cheap option, then this promotion can add quite a bit of value to your stays. On the other hand, if you normally spend a little more then you can get better value points wise from directing your stays at something like the IHG Accelerate promo which can rack up a significant number of points for relatively few stays.
Source: Loyalty Traveler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.