AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Citi ThankYou has added Aeromexico as a transfer partner, effective immediately. Points transfer to Aeromexico at a ratio of 1:1, with a minimum transfer of 1,000 points. The move is the first new partner to be added to Citi ThankYou since the addition of Turkish Airlines in 2017. The addition gives Citi a total of 15 airline partners in the ThankYou Rewards program.
Aeromexico Transfer Partners
The addition of Citi ThankYou brings the total number of flexible point currencies you can transfer to Aeromexico to three:
- American Express Membership Rewards – transfer at a ratio of 1:1.6
- Citi ThankYou – transfer at a ratio of 1:1
- Marriott Bonvoy – transfer at a ratio of 3:1
Aeromexico Sweet Spots
Compared to other reward programs, the Aeromexico award charts are not the most rewarding in the world. However, there are still some good options to be had especially if you are transferring points from American Express at a ratio of 1:1.6.
One of the best options for Aeromexico redemption is their round-the-world tickets, which will set you back 352,000 miles in business class, or 224,000 miles in economy. The award includes 15 stopovers with a maximum of five per continent. When it comes to booking standard awards, some of the best options with Aeromexico include:
- Business-class roundtrip awards from the U.S. to North Asia for 180,000 Premier Points.
- Business-class roundtrip awards from the U.S. to Europe for 160,000 Premier Points.
It is always good news when another travel partner is added to a flexible points currency, even if the ratio is not the best around. If you are looking to make a substantial transfer of points, you are better off looking at Membership Rewards for the bulk of your transfer; however, if you are short a few points, or are just looking to top up your points balance, then a transfer from Citi ThankYou can be very useful.
- 60,000 point signup bonus worth $750 towards airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 3X points per $1 on travel, including gas stations, plus 2X points at restaurants and on entertainment
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee
- 3X points per $1 spent on on travel including gas stations, as well as airfare, hotels, car rental agencies, public transportation, tolls, and parking
- 2X points per $1 spent on dining at restaurants, including many cafes, bars and lounges
- 2X points per $1 spent on entertainment, including sporting events, movie theaters, concerts and more
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.