AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Discover has announced its 5% Cashback Calendar for 2019. Each quarter, holders of the Discover it® Card or the Discover® More® Card can earn up to 5% cash back on $1,500 of spending (maximum $75 cash back) at a variety of retailers. Merchants featuring in the 2019 calendar include Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, Uber and Lyft, Restaurants, and Amazon.com.
2019 5% Cashback Calendar
- Q1: Grocery Stores from January to March 2019 – Activation available now
- Q2: Gas Stations, Uber, and Lyft from April to June 2019 – Activation available February 1, 2019
- Q3: Restaurants from July to September 2019 – Activation available May 1, 2019
- Q4: Amazon.com from October to December 2019 – Activation available August 1, 2019
Overview of Discover 5% Cash Back
- You need to register to activate your 5% cashback earning
- The bonus is available to holders of the Discover it® Card or the Discover® More® Card
- Earn 5% cashback on up to $1,500 of purchases (maximum $75 cash back) per quarter
- Restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, and fast food locations
- Online delivery is also included
- Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible
- Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods
If you are a fan of cash back, you cannot really go wrong with the Discover 5% bonus categories. Remember that Chase also has a similar 5% cashback program for holders of the Chase Freedom®. Watching each quarter, if you leverage both cards you could be earning 5% back on a combined spend of $3,000 per quarter ($150).
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.