AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
If you live in California and you want unlimited BOGO (Buy One Get One) flights you are in luck! Southwest has released a promo, which will give you the Southwest companion pass after opening a new Southwest credit card account and spending $1,000 during the first three months of card membership. However, as is always the case with these super generous offers, there are some terms and conditions.
- You must open your Rapid Rewards credit card account by November 30, 2017
- Promo is only open to those who have a California address on their credit card application
- You can only apply if you have received a targeted email from Southwest with the promotion
- Offer is not valid for current holders of any Rapid Rewards credit cards
- Offer is not valid if you have held a Rapid Rewards credit card, and have received a signup bonus in the last 24 months
- Allow 15 days from qualifying for the Companion Pass to receive your notification from Southwest and nominate your desired companion
- Companion pass will be valid through December 31, 2018
The promo applies to the following Southwest credit cards:
The Chase Rules at Work
One possible hiccup with this offer is the Chase 5/24 rule. Since Chase issues Southwest co-branded credit cards, you may find that although you may qualify on every criterion for the card, you may fall foul of Chase’s 5/24 rule. If you have opened more than 5 credit cards in the last 24 months, you could struggle to get approved for the Southwest card.
Earning the Southwest companion pass can sometimes be relatively easy to achieve, however, with this promotion it is about as easy as it gets to pick one up. Any guesses if we'll see Southwest expand elsewhere with this promo?
Source: The Points Guy
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.