AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
The IHG PointBreaks promotion has been extended, please see more details here.
The offer on the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card is no longer available through this site. Instead, check out the review of IHG's new premium rewards card.
The IHG PointBreaks list has been published; however, you will have to be quick since award nights are limited and the best ones will get snapped up pretty quickly. The promotion is valid for stays between July 31 and October 31, 2017.
The PointBreaks promotion can provide great value with rooms pricing out at only 5,000 points per night. Considering how cheaply IHG points can be bought, that works out at $29 per night during the promotion.
The promotion, as always is global and the list covers selected properties across the world. The properties are chosen by IHG from their portfolio of over 5,200 hotels worldwide.
This Quarter’s Highlights
As usual, this promotion is a mixed bag of properties, similar to the previous promotion; however, there is an InterContinental property on the list. The rest is a healthy mix of mid-range and lower end properties. Some of the highlights are as follows:
Properties in US and Mexico
- Crowne Plaza Annapolis
- Candlewood Suites Lafayette
- Candlewood Suites North Little Rock
- Candlewood Suites Morgantown-Univ West Virginia
- Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West-Oconomowoc
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lacey
- Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa West – Sand Springs
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Buffalo Downtown
- Holiday Inn Salem -(I-93 At Exit 2)
- Candlewood Suites Omaha – Millard Area
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ridgeland – Jackson North Area
- Candlewood Suites Idaho Falls
- Holiday Inn Springfield South – Enfield CT
- Crowne Plaza Tuxpan
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Queretaro
Properties in Europe
- Holiday Inn Express London – Croydon
- Holiday Inn Gebze – Istanbul Asia
Properties in Africa
- Crowne Plaza Johannesburg – The Rosebank
Properties in Asia
- Intercontinental Bandung Sago Pakar
- Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Properties in South America
- Crowne Plaza Asuncion
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Montt – Patagonia
Maximizing The Promotion And Earning IHG Points
You can maximize your earnings and the value of this promotion by using the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card. Cardholders receive an automatic 10% rebate on points redemptions (up to 100k/year), which means you will end up with a net cost of 4,500 points per night. Currently, the card has 60,000-point signup bonus; enough for 12 nights using the PointBreaks promotion.
The card comes with complimentary Platinum Elite status with IHG Rewards Club, as well as a host of other benefits. Even without the promotion, IHG does have some excellent sweet spots for award redemptions that are well worth having a look at.
The IHG PointBreaks is one of the most valuable promotions out there; while it does not generally include properties that would be part of an aspirational redemption, it does, however, include properties that are a fantastic value.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.