AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Through January 31, 2017, National Car Rental’s popular One, Two, Free promotion is back. In addition to earning a free rental day every time you rent two or more days with a midsize or larger car, this promotion gives you many other opportunities to earn points, including:
- 300-point bonus for signing up for National’s Emerald Club.
- 25-point bonus for using the Emerald Reserve service.
- 75-point bonus for reserving your rental with the National mobile app.
- 300-point bonus for adding Sirius XM Satellite Radio onto your rental.
- Earn up to 10 300-point bonuses when you refer friends and they rent with National.
How Do I Take Advantage of This Promotion?
- Register for the 2016 One, Two, Free promotion.
- Rent a midsize or larger car in the United States for at least two consecutive days.
Every time you rent a midsize or larger are in the U.S. for at least two consecutive days, you'll earn a coupon for a free one-day rental valid through June 15, 2017.
What Benefits Will I Receive With the Emerald Club?
One of the best things about being a part of the Emerald Club is being able to bypass the rental counter. Select your desired car and complete the checkout process as you exit the parking lot. You'll experience a similar process when returning as well.
Fast Track to Executive or Executive Elite Status
If you’re a member of another car rental loyalty program, National will match your status so you can score better rentals and earn points quicker.
Programs Eligible for Executive Status
- Avis First
- Hertz Gold Five Star
Programs Eligible for Executive Elite Status
- Avis Chairman’s and President’s Club
- Hertz Gold President’s Circle
Additionally, if you hold a World Elite Mastercard or a Platinum American Express card, you're eligible for complimentary Executive status with the Emerald Club program. These cards include:
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (Terms Apply)
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express (Terms Apply)
- Citi Prestige® Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
If you have one of the Amex Platinum cards, you can sign up online or call the number on the back of your card to activate your Executive status.
Should I Take Advantage Of This Promotion?
National's One, Two, Free is a fantastically lucrative promotion if you can make use of it. If you have any planned rentals of at least two days, you should consider renting from National. This promotion is worth looking into if you:
- Plan on renting a lot of cars in the future – Consider breaking your rentals into two-day increments to maximize the promotion.
- If you can leverage a status match or free status from a credit card – Extra perks, points, and upgrades never hurt.
- Hate waiting at the rental counter – Even if you don’t rent cars often, joining the Emerald Club is worth the time it’ll save you from waiting in line.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.