AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Marriott Boundless card from Chase gets an upgraded welcome offer of 100,000 points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
The new offer on the IHG Rewards Premier Card has been boosted to 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Both cards offer plenty of perks in addition to the improved signup offers, including annual free-night certificates and elite status benefits that will more than account for the annual fee if used to maximum effect.
New 100,000 Point Offer on the Marriott Boundless Card
- Limited Time Offer! Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Chase just launched a limited-time signup bonus on the Marriott Boundless card of 100,000 points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
Marriott's mid-tier co-brand card (see full card review) offers a great range of benefits for Bonvoy members, helping to justify the cost of holding the card over the long term.
Marriott Boundless Key Benefits
- 6x points at Marriott Bonvoy properties and 2x on all other purchases
- Anniversary free night certificate for hotels valued up to 35,000 points
- Complimentary Silver Elite Status and a Path to Gold Elite Status after you spend $35K in a calendar year
- 15x Elite Night Credits towards your next elite tier (capped at 15 nights across all Marriott co-brand cards)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to Chase Offers through the Chase mobile app
- $95 annual fee
Cardholders can redeem the card's annual free night certificate at Marriott properties up to the value of 35,000 points per night. A high-value perk that can more than account for the annual fee when redeemed at the right Marriott property.
Earn 125,000 Points Plus a Reward Night With The IHG Rewards Premier Card
- Earn 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn up to 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The earning for spending at IHG hotels breaks down as follows:
- Earn 10X points for being a IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember
- Earn 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of having this card
- Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member (Being a cardholder is not required to earn this bonus for participating in the IHG® loyalty program)
If you’ve been on the fence about whether to get the IHG Rewards Premier Card, you won’t find a better time than now to apply. The latest offer is arguably the highest we’ve ever seen on this card, providing 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
To put the value of the welcome offer into perspective, you can secure award nights at premium IHG properties like the Intercontinental Melbourne in Australia for 60K points per night, giving you two nights of luxury in Australia’s culinary capital. Plus, you'll have an additional free night in reserve courtesy of the Reward Night certificate issued with the signup bonus.
IHG Rewards Premier Card Key Benefits
- 25X points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel, 2X points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants, and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- Anniversary free night certificate for hotels valued up to 40,000 points per night
- 4th night free on award stays – pay three nights, and the fourth is free
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck fee credit every four years
- Complimentary IHG Rewards Platinum Elite Status
- 20% discount on purchasing points
- 10,000 bonus points if you spend $20,000 on the card in a calendar year
- $89 annual fee
This is one of the best offers we've seen on the IHG Rewards Premier Card, an offer we consider top value for the $89 annual fee. If you're looking for more details about the card, you can read our full review here.
While there is currently no restriction on applying for IHG cards if you already hold another card in the same family, Marriott introduced a minefield of application rules for its co-brand rewards cards. If you currently hold a Marriott co-branded credit card, or you've received a welcome bonus on one in the previous 24 months, check out our Marriott credit card application guide.
Both cards are also subject to Chase’s 5/24 policy. If you’re unfamiliar with 5/24, you won’t be approved for these cards if you’ve opened 5 or more new credit card accounts in the previous 24 months from any provider. Catch all the details in our dedicated 5/24 resource post.
The 100,000 point bonus on the Marriott Boundless card is an excellent offer that could net you 25,000 miles with Marriott's 40+ airline partners, with another 40K Marriott points left in your Marriott account to spend on accommodation.
You also can’t go wrong if you opt for 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night with the latest offer on the IHG Rewards Premier Card, which can land you multiple nights at IHG properties.
While neither of these cards gets our vote for day-to-day spending, both offer top perks such as complimentary elite status and annual free night certificates, making them great candidates to hold for the long term.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.