AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue, the frequent flyer program of Air France and KLM, has rolled out their Promo Awards for September 2016. Promo Awards are discounted award tickets that save you up to 50% on Award Miles. These discounts can be on economy, or occasionally, business class seats, which give you an extra luggage allowance and access to SkyTeam alliance lounges among other perks.
There are 11 Promo Awards between North America and Europe this month, which is a nice bump compared to the 7 Promo Awards from last month.
Best Value Promo Awards for September 2016
The largest discount this month is between Dubai and Europe, at a 50% discount in economy class, for flights between October 1 and November 30, 2016, on KLM.
These are the FlyingBlue Promo Awards offering a 25% discount between North and America and Europe for September 2016:
- San Francisco-Europe: economy class for flights between November 1 and November 30, 2016 (Air France)
- Vancouver-Europe: business class for flights between November 1 and December 31, 2016 (Air France and KLM)
- Calgary-Europe: world business class for flights between November 1 and December 31, 2016 (KLM)
- Edmonton-Europe: world business class for flights between November 1 and December 31, 2016 (KLM)
- Detroit-Europe: business class for flights between December 1 and December 31, 2016 (Air France)
- Chicago-Europe: world business class for flights between December 1 and December 31, 2016 (KLM)
- Houston-Europe: economy class for flights between November 1 and November 30, 2016 (Air France and KLM)
- Mexico City-Europe: both business class and world business class. This applies for business class flights between November 1 and December 31, 2016, and world business class flights from December 1 to December 31, 2016.
- Miami-Europe: economy class for flights between November 1 and November 30, 2016.
- Montreal-Europe: world business class for flights between November 1 and December 31, 2016.
These discounts allow you to stretch your miles. Normally, a one-way in economy class prices out at 25,000 miles, but the 25% off lowers it to 18,750 miles. A one-way in business class will typically cost you 62,500 miles, but the discount reduces it to 46,875.
Important Points To Remember
- Book your flights by September 31, 2016, to receive the discounts.
- You need to make your reservations through AirFrance.com or KLM.com; bookings cannot be made over the phone.
- Promo Awards cannot be changed, canceled or refunded.
- Flying Blue offers Promo Awards for both one-way and round-trip flights.
Flying Blue Miles Transfer Partners
If you are short a few miles, Flying Blue has a well-developed partnership with all four major transferable point programs. You can transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points, and Marriott Rewards.
Flying Blue Promo Awards are updated every month; some months are better than others, but it is important to remember about these redemptions and if you're looking to cash in, know that you've got plenty of options to build up a balance with Flying Blue.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.