AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Over the past few days, Southwest Airlines has emailed various promotions to targeted members. Some are offering the choice between three great options for flights this spring. So, check your email to see if you were targeted and what your choices are.
Southwest Summer Promotion
Some Southwest Rapid Rewards members are receiving emails offering different options for bonuses this summer.
One set of options gives flyers a choice between earning Rapid Rewards bonus points, tier qualifying points or Companion Pass qualifying points when you book and fly a roundtrip flight or two one-way qualifying flights between April 7 and July 31, 2022.
Here are the options that at least one Rapid Rewards member is being offered:
- 10,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.
- 15,000 tier-qualifying points toward your A-List status
- 50,000 Companion Pass qualifying points
To see all of the Southwest promotions you're targeted for, browse to the Southwest promotions page while logged into your Rapid Rewards account.
Terms and Conditions
- You must register for this promotion first through the email you received before booking your first flight. As these are targeted promotions, the terms and conditions are specific to each email sent out.
- All flights must be booked in dollars, Southwest LUV Vouchers, gift cards, or travel funds.
- No portion of the purchase price paid for with Rapid Rewards points.
- Members who choose 10,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points or 50,000 Companion Pass qualifying points will receive the points into their account within 4 weeks of completing their flight.
- Members who choose 15,000 tier-qualifying points will receive the points in their account within 72 hours of completing their flight.
If you were targeted, these are some great deals to take advantage of this spring.
For those of you trying to earn a Southwest Companion Pass, an additional 50,000 companion points are great. If you add that onto the 80,000 bonus Companion Pass qualifying points you can earn from signing up for the Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card, you'll earn a Companion Pass through the end of 2023.
In recent AwardWallet user redemptions, Rapid Rewards points provided 1.37 cents in value. That means 10,000 bonus points have a value of around $137. As some flights are under $60 each way (e.g. LA to Sacramento is $59), you're essentially getting more than 100% return on your flight.
Or perhaps getting A-List status is a better benefit for you.
Were you offered the same options as those listed above, or do you have your own set of three promotions to choose from? Let us know in the comments below.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.