AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Citi ThankYou has announced a 25% transfer bonus to Turkish airlines Miles and Smiles. Through February 20, 2019, you will receive 1,250 Turkish miles for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou Points. As far as we know, this is the first time Citi has offered a transfer bonus to Turkish Airlines since they were added a transfer partner in the summer of 2017.
- Promotion is valid on transfers through February 20, 2019, 11:59 PM ET
- Receive a 25% when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to Turkish Airlines miles
- The bonus is hard-coded, and you will receive 1,250 miles for every 1,000 points transferred
Using Turkish Airlines Miles
While the Turkish Airlines program may not be one of the most well-known, it does have some excellent redemption sweet spots from North America. Before transferring points, you should definitely check out the post linked above for a detailed review of the Miles & Smiles program. Great redemption options include:
- North America to Europe one way in business class from 45,000 miles plus taxes and fees
- North America to India roundtrip in business class for 105,000 miles plus taxes and fees
- Transcontinental flight within the US for 15K/25K/40K round trip plus taxes and fees
If your travel plans permit you to take advantage of one of Turkish Airlines sweet spots, then this promotion is a no-brainer. Citi ThankYou points are currently the only transfer partner for the Turkish Miles & Smiles program, so you'll need enough Citi points (with the 25% bonus) to reach the desired redemption. On the other hand, it is not worth transferring points speculatively no matter how good the bonus. The loss of flexibility will almost always outweigh the benefit of a transfer bonus.
Source: One Mile At A Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.