AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the United MileagePlus® Club Business Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
United MileagePlus cardholders interested in donating to charities can earn some bonus miles this year to mark World Food Day on October 16. Here are the details for how to claim your miles.
Donate to Hunger Charities and Get United Miles
World Food Day is on October 16. To support charities connected that support the fight against world hunger, United Airlines, Chase, and Visa are once again teaming up to offer United cardholders bonus miles for their donations. For the month of October 2022, United MileagePlus cardholders will earn 5 total miles per dollar donated to the following organizations:
- Rise Against Hunger: a charity growing a global movement to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies.
- World Central Kitchen: a nonprofit organization that is first to the frontlines, providing meals in response to humanitarian, climate, and community crises.
- Feeding America: the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization—a powerful and efficient network of 200 food banks across the country.
The cards that are eligible for this promotion are:
- United Gateway℠ Card
- United℠ Explorer Card
- United Quest℠ Card
- United Club℠ Infinite Card
- United℠ Business Card
- United Club℠ Business Card
There is a limit of $1,000 in donations with each card that will earn you bonus miles. In other words, you can get up to 5,000 United miles on each card with this promotion. United cardholders typically earn 1 or 1.5 miles per dollar on donations to charities. This promotion bumps that up to 5 per dollar spent, so an additional 3.5 or 4 miles.
Terms and Conditions
- To ensure your purchase is eligible, please donate directly to the charity’s parent organization. Local chapters may not be eligible.
- Miles will post to your account within 8 weeks of qualifying donations.
- Bonus award miles don't count toward Premier status.
Donating to charities is perhaps less remunerative than other ways of earning bonus miles. On the other hand, it's a nice reward for an activity which usually just leaves you personally with good feeling. It's also the end of the tax year, and perhaps some people will be thinking about their charitable donations around this time.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.