AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
A current promotion from IHG Rewards and United MileagePlus offers members the chance to earn up to 15,000 bonus miles. Bonus miles are given on stays of 2+ nights. You'll need to make some adjustments to your settings, in order to earn these miles. The promotion runs through March 31, 2022, and here's how you can participate.
IHG and United Bonus Miles Promotion
Members of United MileagePlus can link their accounts to their IHG Rewards account and earn bonus miles. You'll need to complete the following steps:
- Change your earning preference to “Airline Miles” in your IHG account's “preferences” section
- Select “United Airlines MileagePlus” as your preferred airline
- Book a stay of 2+ nights using the “1,000 Bonus Miles” rate
- Promotion runs through March 31, 2022.
- Must elect to earn United miles (meaning you will not earn any IHG points) to take advantage of the promotion.
- Book a stay of 2+ nights to earn 1,000 bonus miles per stay.
- Make your reservation through the booking page for the promotion.
- Maximum earning is 15,000 bonus miles.
- Must be a member of both IHG Rewards and United MileagePlus.
- Allow up to 6 weeks for bonus miles to post.
- Full terms are available here.
AwardWallet user redemption data shows United miles to be worth an average of 2.65¢ each. At this redemption rate, 15,000 United MileagePlus miles would be worth $397.50.
Since you have to book the special rate for this promotion, is it worth it? How does it match up?
I followed the steps to participate, and I checked rates at these 3 hotels:
- Crowne Plaza Paris – Republique
- InterContinental New York Times Square
- Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
For the dates and rooms I checked, the rates for “best available” and for the “1,000 Bonus Miles per Stay” were the same. Thus, the promotion is actually a bonus. It's not one of those promotions where you need to book a more expensive rate to earn points.
This promotion to earn bonus United miles on IHG stays is not worth rearranging travel plans or doing any type of mattress running. However, if you have some IHG stays coming up and would prefer to earn United miles instead, it could be worthwhile. You could earn up to 15,000 bonus United miles on IHG stays of 2+ nights through March 31, 2022.
You should be able to stack this promotion with other promotions, such as the targeted offer to earn 5,000 bonus points when you stay 2 nights from January 1-31, 2022. Go to the link and try to enroll to see if you're eligible.
Are you planning to take advantage of this promotion?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.