AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the JetBlue Plus Mastercard® are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
JetBlue's TrueBlue® rewards program has unveiled one of the most valuable promotions we have seen in a long time here at AwardWallet. The promotion, #GoForthWithJetBlue, is offering to match the points in your Virgin America Elevate® account at a minimum 1:1 ratio and, in some cases, with significantly more TrueBlue points.
You can take advantage of the promotion with as few as 500 Elevate points, which JetBlue will match with 5,000 TrueBlue points, receiving up to a maximum 75,000 TrueBlue points if your Elevate account has 50,001 points or more.
How Can I Receive A Points Match From TrueBlue?
Participating in the promotion is straightforward, just follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of your Virgin Elevate dashboard clearly showing your first name, last name, and points balance. You can find a sample image on the point match promotion page.
- Email the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 4, 2016, along with your TrueBlue account number. Register for TrueBlue If you're not already a member.
- JetBlue will review your balance, determine your eligibility, and reply via email to inform you if you qualify for the promotion.
- If approved for the points match you must book and take one new round-trip flight on JetBlue before August 31, 2016.
Choose The Right Points Match To Receive Incredible Value
There are a few excellent sweet spots as you tip over the 10k, 30k, and 50k marks inside your Elevate account with JetBlue more than matching your points, however, you don't need to max this promotion out to receive tremendous value. If you already have points in your Elevate account, then you're investing nothing more than your time and earning free points.
If you don't have any points in your Elevate account, there is a handy solution, transferring points from another program. JetBlue has placed no requirement on how you earn the points in your Elevate account (they do not have to be obtained by flying or spending), and we have seen transferred balances matched already.
In April, Starwood Preferred Guest added Virgin Elevate as a transfer partner, with points able to be transferred at a 1:1 ratio. You also receive 5,000 bonus points for every 20,000 SPG points you transfer to Virgin Elevate.
40,001 SPG Points will transfer to 50,001 Virgin Elevate Points
Once approved, your 50,001 Elevate points will be matched with 75,000 TrueBlue points (worth roughly $1000 if redeemed for flights on JetBlue) after you take your qualifying flight, which depending on where you travel, can be purchased for under $100. If you do choose to transfer points and intend to take advantage of this promotion, you'll end up with 50,001 Virgin Elevate points and 75,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points — 125,001 total points for your investment of 40,001 SPG points! Note: Be conscious of when you initiate any points transfer as transfers are not instant.
The GoForthWithJetBlue campaign is a fantastic promotion from JetBlue offering a huge amount of value. If you have points in your Elevate account, and taking a trip on JetBlue is a viable option for you, giving a serious look at this promotion is worth your consideration
If you don't have the points, however, with such massive value on the table, it's easy to get carried away and start transferring points before deciding whether you really should be getting involved. There are several things to consider here, outside of sheer monetary value.
- Do you live close to, or, in a JetBlue or Virgin America destination?
- If you don't, how do you plan on using both the points you transfer to Virgin and the points matched from JetBlue? Perhaps your friends and family?
- Do you have either the Virgin America Visa Signature Card® or a card like the JetBlue Plus Card that will earn extra points in each program and help you reach a specific redemption?
Similar to buying points at a significant discount, you should assess this promotion through the lens of your travel goals. If you intend to transfer flexible SPG points into the Elevate program, you need to ensure those points can achieve top value redemptions that tie in with current or future travel goals.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.