AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Choice Hotels’ latest promotion lets you earn up to 8,000 bonus points for completing two stays. The promotion is valid for stays between September 12, and November 9, 2018. The number of bonus points you receive will depend on how many base points you earned from your stays.
- You need to register to receive up to 8,000 bonus points
- Promotion is valid on stays between September 12, and November 9, 2018
- You need to complete 2 qualifying stays to earn bonus points
- Earn a minimum of 5,000 points and a maximum of 8,000
- The number of bonus points depends on the number of base points earned for the stays
- Bookings must be made via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates
- There is no limit on the number of times you can use this promotion
- Reservations at vacation rental properties are not eligible
- The promotion is only open to residents of the US and Canada
- Allow 72 hours from checkout for the bonus points to post to your account
This promotion has an unusual angle that seems to reward frugal spenders more than big spenders.
For example, if you spend $200 before taxes on your two stays, you will earn 2,000 base points and would then receive a further 6,000 bonus points for a total of 8,000.
On the other hand, if your stays cost you $100 before taxes, you will earn 1,000 base points and would then receive a 7,000 points bonus to bring you up to 8,000 points. Yes, we know that finding rooms for $50 isn't likely in most cases.
The situation is the same when you reach the cutoff point of spending $300 or more on your two stays. From then on, regardless of your spend and your final points tally, you will always receive the minimum 5,000 bonus points.
So if you spend $300 on your stays, you would receive 3,000 base points plus the minimum of 5,000 points for a total of 8,000 points. If you were to spend $750 on two stays, you would earn 7,500 base points plus earn the minimum bonus of 5,000 bonus points, for a total of 12,500 points.
Interestingly the promotion seems to reward those who get as close to zero spend with the greatest number of bonus points.
Even though this promotion has an unusual structure, it can be quite lucrative. There is no cap on the number of times you can use the promotion, so if you have lots of one-night stays planned at cheaper properties during the promotion period, you can receive a significant number of bonus points for minimum outlay.
Source: Frequent Miler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.