Where does AwardWallet get its place names for Travel Plans?

This section of our forum is now closed. Please use the "Contact Us" form to report any issues you may have with AwardWallet: https://awardwallet.com/contact.php
Forum rules
This section of our forum is now closed. Please use the "Contact Us" form to report any issues you may have with AwardWallet: https://awardwallet.com/contact.php

Postby JMMotyer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello.

I'm just curious as to where AwardWallet gets its placenames listed in users' Travel Plans?

I have one trip in my travel Plans, and it shows me as departing "BDA (L.f. Wade International, St. George, Bermuda-uk)", and flying to "KBP (Borispol, Kiev, U.s.s.r. (european))".

It's no big deal to me, but Bermuda is not in, nor part of, the UK. We are our own country :).

Also, Borispol airport in Kyiv is shown as being in the USSR. But for the past more than 10 years (since 24 August 1991), Kyiv is in (and is the capital of) Ukraine. :)

Again, it's no big deal to me, as it won't affect my flight :mrgreen: ...... just curious where AwardWallet gets that data from.

Thanks for a fantastic product.

Regards,
John
Bermuda
JMMotyer

Re: Where does AwardWallet get its place names for Travel Pl

Postby SiteAdmin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 pm

So I believe this is how British Airways is showing it. Can you check on their website to see how your trip shows up?
SiteAdmin

Re: Where does AwardWallet get its place names for Travel Pl

Postby tasnam123 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Curious what was the outcome by the OP as this has happened to me...
tasnam123

Return to Technical Issues