AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab has been collected independently by AwardWallet
The Award Travel 101 podcast is back with more Award Travel 101 member wins, program updates, and the return of Award Travel 101 Community Manager Angie Sparks as she shares how she booked an incredible African Safari for a trip of a lifetime. If you want us to air your question, send us an email or reach out to us in the Award Travel 101 Facebook Community.
Award Travel 101 Podcast Show Format
We break each show into six sections:
- Question of the Week — asked by members of the community
- News & Enhanced Offers
- What Bonuses Did We Get — which will tell you what credit cards we're working on and why
- Trip Updates
- Highlight Feature
- What You Didn't Know — a feature dedicated to a big or small tip that will help you better maximize the value you receive from your rewards.
How to Listen to the Award Travel 101 Podcast
You can find us anywhere you listen to other fine podcasts including:
- 1 — Meet Award Travel 101 Community Administrators Angie & Joe
- 2 — Booking a Dream (African Safari) Trip
- 3 — Creating Memories Through Big AND Small Trips
- 4 — 8 Steps to Better Award Travel
- 5 — Cruise (on Points), Racking and Stacking, and Keep or Kick it to the Curb
- 6 — Transfer Bonuses, Hyatt Bonus Journeys, and Benefits of AwardWallet
- 7 — So Many Program Changes with AwardWallet’s JT Genter
- 8 — Hyatt Changes, AA Domestic First Class Routes, and Meet the Mods (Jackie Wisniewski)
- 9 — Sapphire Lounge Opening, New Bonuses, Meet the Mods (Jerod Morales), and Business Class for Six
Award Travel 101 Podcast Episode 10 Show Notes
Question of the Week
Anyone else have a hard time parting with points? I have plenty and the only award option I can find to PPT are overpriced due to peak dates on KLM. Weighing using points for non-ideal redemptions verses earning them on cash tickets stresses me out! The choice is 588k MR (Amex Membership Rewards) or $7500 for 5 economy RT (Round-Trip) LAX-PPT. That’s not a great use of points but my kids are getting older and I’m trying to make as many memories as I can before they leave me. Thoughts or advice?
Do you have a hard time parting with points when it’s a less-than-optimal redemption?
News & Enhanced Offers
- Enhanced Ink Offers — died early, but I applied
- Are you eligible for a business card?
- What if you're not approved?
What Bonuses Did We Get?
- Amex business banking bonus finally hit
- How did Angie accidentally earn the Southwest Companion Pass? Do you know ALL of the ways to earn it?
- Working on American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab and The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (read review here)
- Angie headed to Bali on a girls' trip
- Traveling throughout Southeast Asia with friends
- Tip for booking the best seat on the longest flight in the world
- Nothing really for Joe — except for what 80k AAdvantage miles can book
Africa! Angie's back from the bush. Highs, lows, things to do differently, and how to use points on a potentially very expensive trip. Here are some of Angie's posts in the Award Travel 101 Facebook Community:
- Lounge Hopping
- Flying KLM
- Tarangire National Park
- More from Tanzania
- Ngongoro Crater
- Ndutu Plains
- Game Drive
- Zanzibar & Bush Plane
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar
- Wrap-up (How everything was booked)
What You Didn't Know
More data points about turning a denial into an approval. Don't give up!
Where To Find Award Travel 101
For questions, you can join us in the free 92,000+ member Award Travel 101 Community.
- If you want to jump into more intermediate and advanced strategies, our Award Travel 201 community ($89.99 annually) is filled with those who want to dig into the weeds looking for more outsized value.
- To book time with our team to discuss how to better your earning and burning strategies, check out Award Travel 1-on-1.
- You can also Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If in-person learning is your style, you can check out our next meetup or register now!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.