No. Award Wallet is not affiliated with any airlines, hotels or any other award programs and therefore does not have access to that information. It is your responsibility to know your award program numbers, ids, passwords etc.
No. AwardWallet.com cannot sign you up with an award program, nor can we add miles or points to your award programs. AwardWallet.com can help you keep track of your award program balances by logging on, on your behalf, to websites that have your balance information. We can not add miles to your program, only the owner of the award program can do that. You will need to contact the airline that you used for travel and request that they add the miles to your account. Then, use AwardWallet.com to keep track of your balances. AwardWallet.com is especially useful if you are participating in multiple award programs with different airlines, hotels, etc.
No. AwardWallet.com is designed to track your award program balances by logging on, on your behalf, to websites that have your balance information. We are not affiliated with those websites (i.e. www.delta.com, united.com, etc.) in any way, so you need to resolve any account related issues directly with the provider of the award program. For example if you do not know how to login to United Airlines website to check your Mileage Plus balance you need to go to www.united.com and resolve this problem directly with them before you will be able to use AwardWallet.com.
Yes! Please read the following press relase on this subject:
No. AwardWallet.com can not transfer miles between programs, even if the Award program allows transferring miles / points only the owner of the account can request such a transfer directly with the award program provider.
|AwardWallet Free||AwardWallet Plus|
|Automatically track reward balances|
|Track rewards for your family members|
|Automatically track travel plans|
|Allow sharing travel plans or reward balances|
|Notify when balances expire via email and (optionally) push notifications on your phone
(frequency: 90, 60, 30, and 7 days before expiration)
|Access all of your data on a mobile device|
|Set up two-factor authentication on your account|
|Display extra reward account properties|
|Display historical account balance changes chart|
|Display historical transactions for some of your loyalty accounts|
|Credit card spend analytics of day-to-day transactions to optimize points earned with each merchant|
|Allow exporting award balances into Excel or PDF formats|
|Update accounts in parallel (up to 5X faster)|
|Display expiration date of your miles or points||Up to 3 expirations||Unlimited|
|Support AwardWallet development efforts|
|Price||FREE||$30 for 1 year|
|AwardWallet OneCard is a credit card sized plastic card with magnetic strip (which enables you to check in for your flights at airport kiosks ). The card will have your personal account numbers and program phone numbers printed on the front and back sides. The card can contain up to 30 different loyalty program accounts listed. We have two types of cards: gold and silver. Those AwardWallet members who have over 1 million miles and points will get a gold card and those who have fewer than 1 million miles and points will get a silver card. The cards will be shipped internationally as well as within United States via regular United States Postal Service.
OneCard has a flat cost of $10 with free shipping anywhere in the world. More details can be found here.
No, AwardWallet OneCard does not store any of your passwords so if you lose your card you only lose your account numbers, not the passwords.
AwardWallet.com has 3 core features:
- AwardWallet is designed to help tracking different loyalty accounts for you and your family. We do it by logging into the different reward accounts and retrieving your balance on your behalf. We will retrieve or calculate expiration, elite level, etc. and show this information in a single, easy to understand report.
- AwardWallet will help you manage your travel plans via our "Trips" feature on the web and via our mobile apps.
- AwardWallet helps you redeeming your miles for first or business class international fares. Just submit a booking request and our team will work on finding the best itinerary for you.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer's data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
We offer and encourage our users to enable two-factor authentication on their accounts. This way even if someone steals your AwardWallet password or gets a hold of your computer they would still need a way to generate a one-time code to get into your profile.
All of your sensitive data is encrypted in our secure database. Whenever we transfer your passwords we use https secure protocol (heartbleed free). We also give you the ability to store your passwords locally on your computer in a cookie. However, there are advantages of storing your passwords in our database, for example we would be able to automatically check your balances for you and then send you a report with your balance changes. Thousands of people have trusted us with their account information, our service is very mature (we launched our website in 2004) and the website is hosted and founded in the United States of America.
We participate in a bounty bug hunt with Cobalt https://cobalt.io/awardwallet where we pay hackers to find security issues with our service.
Finally for the techies out there here is more info:
- Your AwardWallet passwords are hashed with bcrypt, cost:13, plus unique salt for each user.
- For the passwords that users store locally on their computers we use Rijndael (similar to AES), 256 bit.
- The "remember me" cookie is a sha 256 hash of certain user attributes
- Loyalty account passwords are encrypted with 1024 RSA key.
- If someone is trying to brute-force your account we will lock them out for a period of time after few invalid login attempts.
1. Indicates that the balance has changed in the last 24 hours
2. Checkbox to select this account for further actions
3. Shows more details about the account
4. Auto-login is disabled for this account
5. Provider alliance icon
6. Alliance elite level progress
7. Username used to login to this account
8. Account number
9. Indicates that the password for this account is stored locally in the browser
10. Current elite level in the program
11. Elite level progress
12. Account balance
13. Indicates that background updating is turned off for technical reasons
14. Shows it is the custom entry and the balance is not updated automatically
15. Last balance change value
16. Shows if the last balance change was positive or negative
17. Progress toward your set goal
18. Balance expiration date
19. Shows that the balance expiration date was calculated
If you invite users and they join AwardWallet you get free 6-month upgrades for every 5 people who join, however, there is more to it. If any of the people you invite pay us for AwardWallet Plus, you will get bonus points in proportion to their contribution. If the people you invited don't pay us for upgrades you don't get any points. When you reach certain thresholds, we will convert those points into miles of your choice and deposit those miles or points into your loyalty account. For more details please review this tip:
Sort of. First of all with the free version you can click on "Edit" by any program to see its expiration (even if it is hidden in the list view). So it is literally one click away. Second, you can ungroup your programs (in the left navigation bar) and then sort your programs by the expiration, by the program name, or by the balance in either direction (Ascending or Descending). Since we always show the first 3 expirations by reordering your programs you control which expirations are visible.
First of all you have to have admin rights on your computer in order to install this extension, in other words you should be able to install other programs on your compuer. If you have gone through installing the extension but AwardWallet keeps telling you that the extension is not installed you should verify two things:
- Make sure that the extension is actually enabled. Here are couple of screenshots that can help you do that:
- Make sure you fully restarted Internet Explorer after enabeling the extension. In most cases closing all the browser windows, but in some cases a computer reboot is required.
If these steps do not work you can try uninstalling the extension and installing it again from scratch. Here is how you uninstall the extension:
Here is how this works:
- You submit a new reward booking request that goes into our booking queue.
- Someone from the booking team that works with AwardWallet will reach out and work with you.
- The cost may vary from $150 to $185 per booked person.
For more details please review this tip:
Yes, you can enable two-factor authentication in your profile making your AwardWallet profile much more secure. At a high level it means you will use your phone to generate a one-time code in addition to your username and password to login to AwardWallet. If you don’t know what two-factor authentication is you can read the following Wiki article or just Google it.
Setting up two-factor authentication is very easy; first you need to download a Google Authenticator app, for your Android, iOS or Windows Phone device. Then you need to click “Setup” under the Two-factor Authentication heading in your AwardWallet profile. After that you will see a special QR code that needs to be scanned by the Google Authenticator app to set it up:
Then you enter the code generated by the app into AwardWallet and you are done. Fore more details please check out this tip:
To delete one of the loyalty accounts from your AwardWallet profile you simply need to first select that account by clicking a checkbox next to it and then you will see a button with a trash bin in the menu, which, when clicked, will delete all accounts that are selected.
Unfortunately, at the moment AwardWallet does not offer phone support, so there is no number you can call to talk to us, but you can submit any questions you have via our Contact Us page, and one of our support representatives will be in touch. We typically answer support requests within 1 business day.
After you login you need to go to "My Award Programs". On this page you can navigate to "Add a New Program" on the left navigation menu. Choose an award program from the list to be added to your profile. Please note that before adding a program you need to know your user name and password from the loyalty program's website that provides your balance. If you can’t login to the website that provides the balance (i.e for Marriott it would be http://www.marriott.com) AwardWallet would not be able to retrieve the balance either. After you add an award program to your profile it will show up under the "BALANCES" section. There you can either click the "update" button to automatically retrieve the balance for just one program, or you can click "Update All" button to automatically update all award programs on your profile. Please note that if your login info is correct you can also use our auto-login feature, so that AwardWallet.com would automatically log you into the provider's website (i.e. www.marriott.com). This way you can see any additional information about your account. The auto-login feature is available on most of the award programs that we support. For more details about the auto-login please see this tip:
No. AwardWallet is completely independent of any of the hotels, airlines or credit cards referenced herein and of any of the loyalty programs tracked or monitored using our services.
Yes. None of your data will be deleted you will just be downgraded with an option to upgrade.
AwardWallet Business interface is designed for our business clients, while AwardWallet.com is designed for individual members to track personal programs for themselves and for their family members. Via the https://business.AwardWallet.com interface you can:
- Manage reward booking requests for your users (additional setup required to enable this feature).
- Track corporate loyalty programs such as Alaska Airlines (EasyBiz) or KLM BlueBiz programs.
- Have many linked users under your profile. While regular Awardwallet.com interface is not designed to support hundreds or thousands of linked accounts business interface is designed just for that. You can link a business account with travelers who use regular AwardWallet interface and they can choose what to share with your business account. For example travelers may choose to only share their reward account numbers or they may let the business to completely administer and monitor their reward accounts.
- Business interface has a unique view where accounts are grouped by loyalty program, so if you have 100 travelers in your profile who have a Hilton account all of their accounts will be grouped into a single Hilton account entry showing you a pie chart breakdown of point ownership.
- Business interface lets you track individual users travel plans.
- You can schedule an export of your account information in a csv format from your business interface to your corporate network for other types of reporting.
A business account can be registered from scratch via:
Or if you have a personal account on AwardWallet you can create a business account linked to your personal account so that you would be able to use the same credentials to login to a business account and to your personal account. To do that please follow this link:
The price is $2.50 per month per managed member.
- Click the little arrow next to the "Other Calendars" section and choose "Add by URL":
- Copy and paste your personal iCal link that you got by clicking the Calendar auto-import button:
- If your Google Calendar is not getting updated with new travel plans, please add the following string to the end of the url: "?nocache" without the quotes, per this thread.
- Click File -> New Calendar Subscription:
- Copy and paste your personal iCal link that you got by clicking the Calendar auto-import button:
- Configure the settings as you see fit:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and switch to your Calendar:
- In the top menu bar click "Open Calendar" -> "From Internet":
- Copy and paste your personal iCal link that you got by clicking the Calendar auto-import button:
First, please double-check that you are entering the correct code. If you are 100% sure the code is correct then it could be a time sync issue. If the time on your laptop is 1:00 pm and the time on your phone where you are generating the code is 1:03 pm, that would indicate a problem. In that case, you should get your phone clock synced and then try again.
In the web interface, once your accounts page is finished loading, just start typing the account name you wish to see, and it will show up. See the following tip for more details:
If the airline in question is part of an alliance it will have an alliance icon next to it. Click the icon to see all airlines that are part of that alliance. For more details see this tip:
If you have a large monitor, expanding the width of your browser will automatically add a "Last Updated" column to your account list. For more details check out this tip:
First, you should update your accounts, then click the + sign next to the program and switch to the "History" tab. All the latest transaction details will show up in there. For more details check out this tip:
It is different for each account; however, if you click the actual expiration date on any of your accounts you will see an explanation that tells you exactly how we got it. For more details check out this tip:
Yes, if we detect different active sessions from different locations, we show an alert at the bottom of the Accounts page that you can click to get more details. For more, please see this tip:
Yes! You can automatically import your AwardWallet timeline as a separate calendar that will show up alongside your calendar. For that, you simply need to grab your iCal link and add it to your calendar as an additional calendar you wish to view. For more details check out this tip:
Yes, simply add your family members' names to your profile, and then you can assign loyalty accounts to individual family members names. For more details check out this tip:
Yes, you can (and should) backup your passwords if you decided to store them locally. You can do that by selecting the accounts you wish to backup and then choose the "Backup Passwords" option from the "Actions" menu. For more details please check out this tip:
Yes! That option is available from the "Views" menu. This feature is only available to the AwardWallet Plus members. For more details please see the following tip:
Yes, such reports are available from the "Views" menu. For more details please check out this tip:
Yes, you can link your accounts, and then choose which accounts you wish to share with each other, and what level of access do you wish to provide. For more details please review this tip:
Yes, just select the account you wish to set a goal for, and choose "Actions" -> "Set account goals". For more details check out this tip:
Select all the popular accounts you wish to track separately and choose Actions -> Move to / from "Active Accounts" Tab, then choose to move them to the Active Accounts tab. You can do the same thing to remove some accounts from the active accounts tab. For more details please review this tip:
Yes, you can automatically select all the accounts that have not been updated in 1 week or 1 month and once they are all selected you can press the Update button to start the update process only for those accounts. For more details please review this tip:
Yes, each account has its own rules for when it gets updated. If you click the + icon next to any account you will see (a) when was this account updated last time and (b) when (and if) this account is going to be automatically updated again. For more details please see this tip:
Unfortunately, we can't claim that we know of all promotions, however, if we do see a good promotion, we alway add it to the Promos section of our website. Then, they also show up under your account details on the Promotions tab. Be sure to check those places periodically! For more details please review this tip:
In the account list, we show your elite status and the progress to the maximum elite level, however, if you wish to see the breakdown of where you are in terms of actually getting to the next level you can go to your account details by clicking the + icon next to your account and going to the Elite Levels tab. For more details check out this tip:
Yes, you can enter all of them here, and AwardWallet will even remind you before they expire just like we do for any other loyalty account. For more details please review this tip:
Yes, we can. When adding a loyalty account just browse through the list of programs that fall into the "Shopping" category. You may be surprised! For more details please see this tip:
Almost. You can easily spot any accounts that have changed in value during the last 24 hours. They will have either green (for positive change) or blue (for negative change) bar to the left of the account. The actual change will be shown under the balance itself. So if you review just those accounts you will see everything that changed today regardless of how the accounts were updated. For more details please check out this tip:
Yes, when you delete a trip segment we simply hide it from the timeline, to undo it, click "Show Deleted Segments" and then find it and press "Undelete". For more details please review this tip:
Yes, we made that very easy, just go to the first segment of your trip and click the "Create Travel Plan" link on the right, then drag the end of the trip to adjust when it ends. For more details please see this tip:
First of all, thank you! Second, yes we have an affiliate program, and all of our logos and screenshots and banners are always neatly organized on this page which BTW, can always be accessed if you just right-click (option-click) on our logo at the top of any page. For more details please review this tip:
If we try to update your account X number of times and keep failing we mark that account as "disabled" automatically. You can change that anytime by selecting any account and then enabling (or disabling) it from the Actions menu. If an account is disabled, it is not being tracked by AwardWallet, so it will always be excluded from automatic updates. For more details please review this tip:
If you added one of the qualified credit card accounts to your AwardWallet profile the Credit Card Spend Analysis looks at the rewards you earn with every purchase and analyzes if you are earning only 1 point when you could be earning 2, 3 or even 5 points per dollar. It looks at each transaction, what you earned, how it is categorized and answers the following questions:
1. Are you maximizing your earning?
2. Could you earn more, and how?
This is a premium feature, it is only available to AwardWallet Plus members. For more details on this feature and for comments please see the following tip: