AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Welcome back to the Award Travel 101 Podcast — from the original Facebook community created for miles and points enthusiasts. What happens when you're too loyal to a program — are they loyal back? Angie and Joe discuss many of the most interesting stories this week, along with what bonuses they've earned, trips they're taking, and how to prep.
Award Travel 101 Podcast Show Format
We break each show into six sections:
- Question/win of the week — asked or shared by members of the Award Travel 101 community
- News and enhanced offers
- What bonuses did we get — which will tell you what credit cards we're working on and why
- Trip updates
- Highlight feature
- What you didn't know — a feature dedicated to a big or small tip that will help you better maximize the value you receive from your rewards.
How To Listen to the Award Travel 101 Podcast
You can find us anywhere you listen to other fine podcasts including:
Previous episode show notes
Award Travel 101 Podcast Episode 34 Show Notes
Post of the week
- Several transfer bonuses:
- Point.me “QuickLook”
- Hyatt Elite status shortcut:
- All AAdvantage elites can earn Hyatt Explorist by completing 10 elite-qualifying nights during the challenge period.
- Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum elites can earn Hyatt Globalist by completing 20 elite-qualifying nights.
- Hyatt Bonus Journeys
- 3,000 bonus points for every three nights stayed between October 6 and November 30, 2023.
- Cardholders will earn 1,000 bonus points every three nights when staying in one of 556 eligible Hyatt hotels.
- Buy Frontier Elite 20k status
- Massive welcome offer on the Capital One Venture X Business
- Capital One changes how to use the $300 portal credit on the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- Delta's MASSIVE (program) devaluation — Join the discussion in the Award Travel 101 by AwardWallet Community
- This leads to a bigger discussion for a future episode (Earn & Burn)
- Some think American Airlines is prepping for a change with a change to its terms and conditions
- Is Hyatt next?
- Angie: Booked flights and hotels for “Player 2” conference and visiting the kid, plus booked flights for our Spring meetup in San Antonio
- Joe: Anniversary / father–son trip
What bonuses did we get?
- Angie: Nothing
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card welcome offer is pending
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® card arrived
- 12 hours later, I blew past the spending requirement. I'll get a 20,000-Loyalty Point bonus, plus the bonus miles from the welcome offer.
- When the statement closes, I should be over 175,000 Loyalty Points. What Loyalty Point Reward should I choose?
- Forgot to discuss one benefit last week that I'd use on the Pancake Run: Alaska lounge access.
Highlight feature: Managing the pre-trip chaos and what has to be done before heading out of town
- Make a list!
- Update “in case of death file”
- Clean the house, do laundry, get medicine refills
- Pre-pack (only for long trips)
- Girly maintenance stuff
- Pay all bills that aren’t on autopay (utilities)
- If “Player 2” is going, there’s a whole other list of things
Tip of the week
Make sure you’re paying attention to your wallet when leaving. Pack the right cards (lounge access, too), passport, etc.
Where To Find the Award Travel 101 Community
For questions, you can join us in the free 99,000+ member Award Travel 101 Community.
- If you want to jump into more intermediate and advanced strategies, our Award Travel 201 community ($89.99 annually) is filled with those who want to dig into the weeds, looking for more outsized value.
- To book time with our team to discuss how to better your earning and burning strategies, check out Award Travel one-on-one.
- You can also email us at email@example.com.
- Our next meetup is located in San Antonio, TX on April 26–28, 2024. For more details and to purchase tickets, visit our Taco ‘Bout A Fiesta! Eventbrite.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.