AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Welcome back to the Award Travel 101 Podcast — from the original Facebook community created for miles and points enthusiasts. Angie's back to catch up on all of the news and to discuss how we can better manage all of our award programs.
Get Thrifty Traveler Premium deal/award alerts sent straight to your inbox. Use promo code “AT101” for $10 off your first year. Head to ThriftyTraveler.com for more details and check out their Google Flights guide. Recent finds include:
- Business class to Italy for 58K
- United Polaris to Australia for 75K
- Round-trip economy fares to Europe under $500
You can find these at ThriftyTraveler.com/Premium.
Award Travel 101 Podcast Show Format
We break each show into six sections:
- Question/win of the week — asked or shared by members of the Award Travel 101 community
- News and enhanced offers
- What bonuses did we get — which will tell you what credit cards we're working on and why
- Trip updates
- Highlight feature
- What you didn't know — a feature dedicated to a big or small tip that will help you better maximize the value you receive from your rewards.
How To Listen to the Award Travel 101 Podcast
You can find us anywhere you listen to other fine podcasts including:
Previous episode show notes
Award Travel 101 Podcast Episode 42
Post of the week
Joseph Petrovic — 100,000 members celebration. Here's what some of our members are saying:
- Randy Deppen: While I think we all keep learning in this hobby a bit more every day from each other, honorable mention for knowledge gained was the AT 101/201 meetup with all the ways to use AI for travel planning from Jackie…truly awesome!
- Loren Ashley Browne: The best thing that I learned from Award Travel 101 is the incredible value of using travel partners. For years, I wondered how people would book hotels via the Amex Travel portal and the key is: You typically don't. You transfer the points to travel partners to get a better value.
- Kristen Pinkston Knowles: I’ve learned how to think about the value each card offers. This community has been amazing as a place to reach out to when you’re stuck or need guidance! So grateful!
- Earn up to 90,000 bonus miles with increased United credit card offers
- Avoid Delta’s high partner award rates by booking with SkyTeam partner programs
- British Airways is restricting award availability to non-Avios airline partners
- 30% transfer bonus from Amex Membership Rewards to Hilton Honors
- Bilt Rewards announced Marriott Bonvoy as its 15th transfer partner
- Qatar Airways (was 30%, now 25%) transfer bonus from Citi ThankYou Points
- New: Redeem Qatar Airways Avios for JetBlue flights at great prices…
- But was it all just a dream?
- Marriott changing Suite Night Awards in 2024
- 12 Hilton Honors redemptions for the budget-savvy traveler
- 12 Marriott Bonvoy redemptions for the budget-savvy traveler
- Earn 75,000 points with new Southwest credit card offers
- Although Southwest to devalue Rapid Rewards by 4% in 2024
- Angie: Montana girls ‘golf trip, Australia and Africa, or other priorities
- Joe: Cleaning up existing trips, booked Adriatic/Mediterranean cruise
What bonuses did we get?
- Still trying to get “Player 2” to call Amex for his American Express® Business Gold Card application
- The interesting new offer on the Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Highlight feature: How do you track all of your rewards?
Why should listeners/Award Travel 101 members use AwardWallet?
- Trip itineraries, flight delays, flight check-in reminders
- Tracking balances and credits, free night certs, expiration of points
- Store passport info, plus password and loyalty program login info
- Track stored loyalty programs for changes to your account
Use #AwardWalletProTips in the Award Travel 101 community to see more.
Tip of the week
AwardWallet can really simplify your life. Take the time to set up a free AwardWallet account and add your travel documents. We all make mistakes:
- Joe missing out on a deal
- Angie's kid needed passport info, but she was out of town and the passport was locked in a safe
You also can get AwardWallet Plus. If you like the benefits of AwardWallet Plus, and the Award Travel 101 community, but you want to get into more advanced topics, join Award Ttravel 201; AwardWallet Plus is included in the subscription.
Boarding Area's bloggers Le Chic Geek (a.k.a. Jeanne) and Pizza in Motion (a.k.a. Ed) are pairing up with Trevor from Tagging Miles to do a Toys for Tots drive. You can find them at
Joe will be joining the fun, so if you wish to ask for travel advice, meet other travelers, or just come to share the holiday spirit, get your free tickets or check out their Facebook event page for more details.
Where To Find the Award Travel 101 Community
For questions, you can join us in the free 100,000+ member Award Travel 101 Community.
- If you want to jump into more intermediate and advanced strategies, our Award Travel 201 community ($89.99 annually) is filled with those who want to dig into the weeds, looking for more outsized value.
- To book time with our team to discuss how to better your earning and burning strategies, check out Award Travel one-on-one.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our next meetup is located in San Antonio, TX on April 26–28, 2024, and it's SOLD-OUT. You can get on our wait-list, but to learn more visit Taco ‘Bout A Fiesta!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.