AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Eligible Chase cardholders can now earn 10 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every dollar spent on dining. This appetizing offer is available to select Chase Sapphire cardholders, but only until the end of June 2021. But, before you head out to your favorite restaurant, there are a few notable caveats to this offer.
Key Terms of the 10X Chase Dining Promotion
- Only available to Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders
- Earn 10X total points on the first $500 in eligible purchases
- That's 8X extra points for Sapphire Preferred cardholders and 7X extra points for Sapphire Reserve cardholders
- You must order takeout or make prepaid reservations through Chase Dining
- No activation or registration required
- Promotion runs through June 30, 2021
How To Earn 10X Ultimate Rewards Points on Dining
Unfortunately, you won't be able to just walk up to your favorite neighborhood restaurant and use your Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve card to earn 10x points. Instead, all purchases must be made through Chase Dining.
The Tock-powered Chase Dining was launched in late 2020 to provide cardholders with “access to connect with more than 4,000 restaurants and culinary experiences, including ordering takeout, with the exclusive ability to redeem points towards purchases.”
Through the dining hub, you can order takeout, delivery, and make prepaid reservations with participating restaurants. There are just shy of 100 cities and regions with participating restaurants.
While eligible cardholders do not need to activate this offer, all purchases and transactions must be completed via the Chase Dining platform. Cardholders have until June 30, 2021, to max out the 10X points on dining earnings.
How much is this promotion worth?
This cap means that cardholders will be able to earn 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points through this offer. After that, you'll be dropped back down to your card's standard earning rate.
At the very minimum, Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed for travel through the Chase Travel Portal at 1.25 cents per point. At this rate, this offer will let you earn $62.50 in points on $500 in purchases made through Chase Dining partners. That's at least a 12.5% return. And you'll get a much higher return if you redeem points through Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partners.
Eligible Chase Credit Cards
If you don't already have a Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve, they are both fantastic cards. Both cards have become a staple amongst frequent flyers and points enthusiasts alike. Additionally, both the Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve offer welcome bonuses. Here are the current welcome offers available to new cardholders.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn a $50 statement credit towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The Chase Sapphire line of rewards cards is among the best. The Sapphire Preferred is great for individuals looking to earn points without a high annual fee. The card's $95 annual fee is easily worth it as the card offers a number of benefits.
The Sapphire Reserve is arguably one of the best premium rewards credit cards. While the card's $550 annual fee might seem high, the benefits offered to Sapphire Reserve cardholders easily offset this annual fee. Top benefits offered by the Sapphire Reserve card include $300 annual travel credit, $100 application fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, and Priority Pass Select.
Have you used Chase Dining yet? Will this offer motivate you to check out the dining hub platform?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.