AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Update: Amex has extended lounge access for Platinum and Centurion cardmembers through July 31, 2020. You can learn more about access requirements on the Amex website.
American Express has announced that it is expanding lounge access to the Lufthansa business, senator and first-class lounges at Frankfurt Airport (FRA). This is after it announced access to the business and senator lounges in Munich late last year. As part of the announcement Amex also clarified the access policy for card members at both airports.
How It Works
Access to the lounges is available to holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express, and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express as well as holders of a Centurion card (Terms Apply). The level of access you have is dependent on which card you hold, and your class of travel as follows:
- Centurion cardholders have access to the first class, senator, and business class lounge regardless of their class of travel
- Holders of the Amex Platinum and the Business Platinum Card have access to the Business lounge when traveling in Economy
- Holders of the Amex Platinum and the Business Platinum Card have access to the Senator lounge when traveling in Business
- Access is valid through October 31, 2019 (presumably that is when the contract expires, and Amex will renegotiate it)
Which Lounges Are Covered
- At Munich airport, the participating business, senator, and first-class lounges are located in the satellite area of Terminal 2
- At Frankfurt airport, the participating business, senator, and first-class lounges are located in Terminal 1 concourse B
The addition of Frankfurt to the network of lounges you can access with your Amex Platinum or the Business Platinum Card, adds another perk to an already impressive list of perks associated with the Amex Platinum. Hopefully, Amex will be able to extend this perk and it won’t just expire in March next year.
Source: View From The Wing
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.