Are You Eligible For A Share Of The Lithium-Ion Settlement?by Sam Helmy
A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit with many Lithium-Ion manufacturers. The lawsuit revolved around the sale of cylindrical lithium ion batteries and alleged that the manufacturers fixed the price of the battery cells. A final settlement has been reached with the manufacturers, and you could be eligible to receive part of the $44.95 million settlement.
SPG & Marriott 48 Hour Cancellation Policyby Sam Helmy
Sadly, Marriott and SPG have made a change to their cancellation policy, and it is not good news. Effective June 15, 2017, the hotels will be imposing a cancellation fee on cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance. The new policy will see you charged for the first night including taxes and fees if you cancel less than 48 hours in advance.
Virgin America Announces Termination Of All Partnershipsby Sam Helmy
The writing was on the wall for Virgin America, ever since the announcement of its takeover by Alaska and the completion of the deal last year. Only a few months back, Alaska announced that they would be terminating the Virgin America Brand in 2018, and now Virgin America has announced the dates of the closure of all its partnerships in preparation for the dissolution of the Virgin America brand.
5X Bonus at Restaurants and Movies With Chase Freedom This Summerby Sam Helmy
Chase has announced the latest 5x bonus categories for this summer on the Freedom card. By registering (free), you’ll earn 5% cash back on purchases at restaurants and movie theaters. The offer is capped, and you will earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 of qualifying spend, which is a lot of restaurant and movie visits in 3 months.
JetBlue Sets its Sights on Europeby Sam Helmy
It seems that JetBlue has set its sights on the lucrative transatlantic market! What is even more interesting is that the airline has not set its sights on competing with the low-cost carriers like Norwegian and WOW air, instead, they seem to be going after premium customers, with aircraft with a heavy Mint configuration.
Marriott Expects a Better Credit Card Deal and One Programby Sam Helmy
When Senior Executives speak in public, interesting little pieces of knowledge often come out, and it was no different when Marriott’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Lenny Oberg spoke at the Goldman Sachs Lodging, Gaming, Restaurant, & Leisure Conference. Some interesting details emerged about the future relationship between Marriott and SPG.
15% Rebate On JetBlue Awards Booked Through Today Onlyby Sam Helmy
JetBlue is offering a 15% rebate on award bookings, and what makes this even more attractive is that if you have the JetBlue Plus Card the rebate stacks with the 10% rebate you get from using the card, giving you a total rebate of 25%.
JetBlue to Trial Facial Recognition for Boardingby Sam Helmy
Technology is making inroads into the way we move around airports. The latest airline to announce an innovative change is JetBlue, which announced that they will be testing a new paperless and device-less boarding process. The latest announcement comes hot on the heels of Delta announcing a similar test, and KLM announcing another scheme earlier in the year