AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Centurion® Card from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Centurion® Card from American Express has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Amex's partnership with Lufthansa lounges in Munich and Frankfurt is now permanent. In fact, it's expanded. Now, cardmembers of The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and Centurion® Card from American Express have access to select Lufthansa lounges beyond Frankfurt (FRA) and Munich (MUC), including locations in other countries — even the U.S.
How It Works
Access to the lounges is available to Amex Platinum- and Centurion-cardholders. Which lounge you can access will depend on your card and your class of travel.
- When flying economy, get access to the business class lounge.
- When flying in business class, get access to the Senator lounge.
- Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get up to $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. The Hotel Collection requires a minimum two-night stay.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back in statement credits each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Disney+, a Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, The New York Times, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The Wall Street Journal. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership (subject to auto-renewal) with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card®. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Up Benefits are excluded.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $300 back in statement credits per calendar year on an Equinox membership, or an Equinox club membership (subject to auto-renewal) when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required. Visit https://platinum.equinox.com/ to enroll.
- $189 CLEAR® Plus Credit: Breeze through security with CLEAR Plus at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues nationwide and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your Membership (subject to auto-renewal) when you use your Platinum Card®. Learn more.
- $100 Global Entry Credit: Receive either a $100 statement credit every 4 years for a Global Entry application fee or a statement credit up to $85 every 4.5 years for a TSA PreCheck® (through a TSA official enrollment provider) application fee, when charged to your Platinum Card®. Card Members approved for Global Entry will also receive access to TSA PreCheck at no additional cost.
- Shop Saks with Platinum: Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases in Saks Fifth Avenue stores or at saks.com on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit: Get a $300 statement credit for the purchase of a SoulCycle at-home bike with your Platinum Card®. An Equinox+ subscription is required to purchase a SoulCycle at-home bike and access SoulCycle content. Must charge full price of bike in one transaction. Shipping available in the contiguous U.S. only. Enrollment Required.
- Unlock access to exclusive reservations and special dining experiences with Global Dining Access by Resy when you add your Platinum Card® to your Resy profile.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- Earn 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel (up to $500,000 in purchases per calendar year).
- Earn 5X points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
Amex Centurion Card holders have access to the first class, Senator, and business lounges regardless of their class of travel.
To access the lounges travelers, have to show the following:
- A valid Amex Platinum or Amex Centurion Card.
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Same day Lufthansa Group (Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian Airlines) boarding pass.
Participating Lufthansa Lounges
The access policy applies to multiple participating Lufthansa lounges and not at other airports in Germany. Airports with accessible Lufthansa lounges include:
- Boston (BOS)
- Berlin (BER)
- Detroit (DTW)
- Dubai (DXB)
- Dusseldorf (DUS)
- Frankfurt (FRA)
- Hamburg (HAM)
- Hannover (HAJ)
- London (LHR)
- Milan (MXP)
- Munich (MUC)
- Newark (EWR)
- New York–Kennedy (JFK)
- Paris (CDG)
- Stuttgart (STR)
- Washington–Dulles (IAD)
Guest Access Policy
Unfortunately, the generous access policy does not apply to guests. You're unable to bring a complimentary guest into the lounge, though Lufthansa does allow you to purchase access to several of its lounges. Depending on the lounge and airport, prices vary between $42-$77.
Since the launch of this partnership a few years back, it has been quite a saga. After an initial access period, access was regularly extended for short periods — sometimes just a month at a time.
It always made sense for Amex to use Lufthansa lounges in Munich and Frankfurt rather than building its own. The permanent tie-up is the perfect solution for Amex to offer lower-cost lounge access and for Lufthansa to generate more revenue from its lounges.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.