AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This offer is back, providing those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® a very simple path to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status. You can claim three complimentary months of Marriott Gold status if you register by September 30, 2023. Here are the steps to claim the elite status — and also how to extend it through February 2025.
Complimentary 3 Months of Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Promotion
Between July 1 and September 30, 2023, Sapphire Reserve cardholders can enroll to receive three complimentary months of Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status by going through this registration page when logged into their Chase accounts online.
You also can access the promotion in your Chase Ultimate Rewards account in the Card Benefits menu. In the list of featured benefits, find the Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status promotion and click on the “Learn More” link.
Your Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status will be valid for three months after registration. If you wish to extend your elite status through February 2025, just stay three nights at any Marriott Bonvoy property before the end of your three months complimentary status. The nights can be separate or all in the same stay. Only paid nights count, though — not award nights — and they must be booked directly with Marriott. Nights booked with sites like Hotels.com or even the Chase travel portal won't qualify.
Terms and conditions
- Nights must be booked through Marriott's official website or mobile app to get elite perks. You'll never get credit for nights booked through third-party booking sites such as Expedia or Booking.com.
- Most registration requests are completed within three business days.
- Stays completed prior to registration won't count toward the three nights needed to extend the status.
- Those with Marriott Gold Elite (or higher) status aren't eligible and can't use this method to obtain or requalify for status.
Other Ways To Get Marriott Bonvoy Status
It's worth noting that the path for Sapphire Reserve cardholders to get complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status isn't the only shortcut to Marriott's status. If you're looking for an easy path to Gold Elite, consider the following:
- Marriott Bonvoy offers a status challenge to some members. Through this fast track to status, you can stay eight nights for Gold and 16 nights for Platinum during a three-month period.
- Multiple credit cards offer Marriott's Gold status as a permanent benefit. The list is long and includes the following: Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card, The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and The Platinum Card® from American Express.
Additionally, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card provides Marriott Platinum Elite status (the tier above Gold) automatically. While the card does have a hefty $650 annual fee (Rates & Fees), consider that you likely wouldn't spend less than that for the required nights to earn this status each year.
Getting complimentary Marriott Gold Elite status with the Sapphire Reserve card is a great deal — even if it's only for three months. And it's quite easy to extend that another 12–18 months, depending on when you register. Remember that one of the best benefits of elite status might be using it for a status match to other programs.
Will you be taking advantage of this promotion? If so, will you stay three nights before the end of your three complimentary months to extend your Gold Elite status through February 2025?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.