AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Choice Hotels is massively expanding its portfolio with the acquisition of Radisson Hotels in the Americas. Now it's better than ever to status match to Gold or Platinum in the Choice Privileges rewards program. This is just one of many status matches between hotel rewards programs.
Status matches between January and June are only valid until the end of the current calendar year. Status matches completed between July and December will give you elite status until the end of the following calendar year. Thus, it's best to status match to Choice Privileges after July 1.
Status Match to Choice Privileges Gold and Platinum Status
Travelers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, or New Zealand can status match from another hotel rewards program to Choice Privileges Rewards. You'll have to send your email to a different address depending on your location:
- US and Canadian members should email Status_Match@choicehotels.com
- European members should email Status_Match_EU@choicehotels.com
- Australian and New Zealander members should email email@example.com
You will need to provide your full name, Choice Privileges member number, and proof of elite status in another hotel program. Proof can be in the form of a screenshot or a copy of your other program's loyalty card (with expiration date). Or, you can screenshot or copy the other program's current statement or account status page.
Choice Hotels does not provide a table for how other hotel elite statuses match to Choice Privileges elite status. Additionally, members are able to status match up to Platinum Elite status — not top-tier Diamond Elite. And members are restricted to one status match per lifetime. As such, make it count and match between July 1 and December 31 to get the most out of your match.
You should hear back from Choice within 3-5 business days (7-9 days in the U.K.).
Status Match to Cambria Hotels Diamond Status
Another option is to status match to Choice Hotels and then stay a night at a Cambria Hotel. This one stay will qualify you for the top tier of Choice Diamond Elite Status. Your night must be points-eligible — meaning it's not booked with points or an ineligible cash rate. See more about that below. Note that Choice Diamond Elite Status is not available to members in Europe, Australia, or New Zealand…only the U.S. and Canada.
Terms and Conditions
- Points eligible nights for the Choice Diamond Elite Status do not include rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night; certain hotel-initiated promotions; reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount.
- Status matching is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. After your first status match, you will need to reach the required number of nights to attain your Choice Privileges elite status.
Choice Hotels Elite Status Benefits
Each of the three elite status levels of Choice Hotels shares similar benefits. Members get an exclusive members rate, early check-in and late check-out, an elite customer hotline, elite bonus points, and rollover nights for the following year.
- Gold status (10 nights) comes with 10% elite bonus points, up to 9 rollover nights, and the ability to book awards nights 50 days in advance.
- Platinum status (20 nights) comes with 25% elite bonus points, up to 19 rollover nights, and the ability to book awards nights 75 days in advance.
- Diamond status (40 nights) comes with 50% elite bonus points, up to 39 rollover nights, and the ability to book awards nights 100 days in advance.
Cambria stays will also earn 250 bonus points per qualifying stay.
All Choice Privileges members are eligible for “Your Extras” perks like coffee cards, airline miles, and online shopping credits for weekday stays.
Elite status members in the U.S. and Canada will also get theme park discounts, elite reserved parking, and an elite welcome gift. Finally, Platinum and Diamond status members in the US and Canada will also get Avis Preferred Plus. Other regions get slightly different perks. In the UK, there are no theme park discounts, welcome gifts, or Avis Preferred Plus However, late check-out is a basic member perk when available.
Choice Hotels are generally known for being lower-end hotels — with the exception of Cambria Hotels. But that's changing with the acquisition of the Radisson Hotels Americas full portfolio, adding nine brands and 624 hotels to the Choice Hotels group. This has made having elite status with Choice Privileges Rewards even more valuable as we enter the second half of 2023 and into 2024.
Remember, you can always get the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card for complimentary Choice Privileges Gold status. And don't forget to collect your bonus points through the Choice Privileges Eat & Earn program.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.