AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Marriott recently launched a new card spending bonus. Amex cardmembers can earn 7,500 bonus points when spending at least $7,500 between June 15 and August 15, 2022. This is quite a large amount you'll have to spend in 2 months, but it might appeal to some Marriott cardholders. This promotion isn't targeted, and cardmembers don't need to register.
7,500 Bonus Points with $7,500 Marriott Card Spending Bonus
All Marriott Amex cardholders are enrolled in this promotion to earn 7,500 bonus points when spending $7,500 between June 15 and August 15, 2022. The following Marriott Amex cards are targeted for this spending bonus:
- Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
These cards normally earn 2 points per dollar spent on everyday purchases and 4 bonus points (for a total of 6) on Marriott purchases.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card cardholders get 1 bonus point (for a total of 3) when making purchases at restaurants worldwide (limitations apply).
- Marriott Bonvoy Business Card cardholders receive 2 bonus points (for a total of 4) on purchases made on restaurants worldwide, on gasoline at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers & on purchases made from merchants in the U.S. for shipping.
This promotion effectively gives members one additional bonus point per dollar spent. However, that's only after reaching the threshold of $7,500 before August 15, 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Bonus points will be awarded to your account within 12 weeks after the end of each month they are attained.
- Eligible purchases mean purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- Eligible purchases don't include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, person-to-person payments, the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, and purchases of other cash equivalents.
I can only see this as a decent promotion for those already planning to spend $7,500 on their Marriott Amex card in the next few weeks. That's because it's not a large bonus — only 1 additional point per dollar — and this Marriott card spending bonus requires a very high minimum spend. Perhaps you have some big stays at Marriott Hotels, or perhaps you're using your Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Card to get the bonus points on gas and restaurants (considering you don't have a better card for that). You'll also get better bonuses with Marriott Chase cards.
What do you think? Is this a promotion you will take advantage of, or do you prefer benefits with other cards?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.