AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card, The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Credit Card and Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Visa Signature are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Marriott has brought back its co-branded credit card spending bonus from last year but with slightly better rewards. It's also available on cards from both Amex and now Chase this time, offering 10,000 bonus points after you spend at least $7,000 between July 27 and September 30, 2023. This is quite a large amount you'll have to spend in two months, but it might appeal to some Marriott cardholders. This isn't a targeted promotion, but you must register.
Earn 10,000 Bonus Marriott Points After Spending $7,000
All Marriott cardholders can enrol in this promotion to earn 10,000 bonus points after spending $7,000 between July 27 and September 30, 2023. This promotion essentially gives members 1.43 additional bonus points per dollar spent. However, you must spend the $7,000 after registration and before the deadline. Awardwallet readers typically redeem Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.95¢, so this promotion is essentially netting you $100 in points with $7,000 in spending.
Unfortunately, this promotion doesn't count cumulative spending across cards. All spending to the $7,000 threshold must be on the same card. However, members have the option of applying this promotion to separate cards and earning 10,000 bonus points more than once, but they would still need to spend $7,000 on each card.
Eligible Amex cards
Amex cardholders must add the offer to their card by August 10, 2023. It is unclear if spending between July 27 and the date you add the offer to your card will be eligible, but probably not. The following Marriott Amex cards are available for this spending bonus:
- Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Eligible Chase cards
Chase cardholders must add the offer to their card by August 10, 2023. Most likely, spending before enrollment won't count toward earning the bonus points. You can enroll :
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Card
- Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card
- The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Credit Card
Amex cards terms and conditions
- The offer must be added to the eligible Amex card by August 10, 2023.
- Only one Amex card per account is eligible for this promotion. Similarly, Amex cardholders are limited to a maximum 10,000 bonus points.
- Cash advances, other fees and charges such as interest, annual fees, and foreign currency conversion fees are not qualifying purchases.
- Bonus points will post to the member's account within 90 days of the end of the promotion, i.e. December 29, 2023.
Chase card terms and conditions
- Members must register for this promotion before August 10, 2023.
- Only Marriott Chase cards issued prior to June 21, 2023 are eligible.
- Chase does not restrict how many cards you can enroll and earn the bonus with, meaning it should be available across multiple cards if you have more than one.
- The following payments are ineligible: balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, and fees of any kind, including an annual fee.
- Bonus points will post to the member's account within 8–12 weeks after reaching the $7,000 spending threshold.
General terms and conditions
- All purchases must post to your account by September 30, 2023 to qualify. Thus, purchases made close to the end of the promotional window might post after September 30 and not be eligible.
- Eligible cards are those active and not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding.
Last year, this promotion gave members 7,500 bonus points on $7,500 of spending — 1 bonus point per $1 spent with a pretty high minimum threshold. And last year's promo only applied to Marriott Bonvoy cards from American Express. This year's promotion is a little better, with a slightly lower threshold and almost 50% more bonus points.
Nevertheless, I can only see this as a decent promotion for those already planning to spend $7,000 on their Marriott credit card in the next few weeks. That's because it's not a large bonus — only a little more than 1 additional point per dollar — and you'll need significant spending to earn the bonus. The best way to maximize your earnings would be spending on your card's bonus categories, such as Marriott Bonvoy stays.
What do you think? Will you take advantage of this Marriott credit card spending bonus?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.