AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
IHG One Rewards is running a promotion giving you a 15% bonus when you transfer points to Virgin Velocity points. The promotion is valid for transfers through October 25, 2022. The minimum transfer with the offer is 10,000 IHG points. You will reive 2,300 Virgin Velocity points for every 10,000 points you transfer with the promotion.
Interestingly this is the second time this year we have seen this promotion. A previous version of this offer ran in May 2022. While this is not the greatest deal in the points and miles world, it seems to work for IHG and Virgin. Otherwise, why would the companies bring it back in less than 6 months!
Note that this is one of many transfer bonuses offered by Virgin Australia at this time.
- Receive a 15% bonus when you transfer IHG One Points to Virgin Velocity points.
- The promotion is valid for transfers through October 25, 2022, at 11:59 pm (AEST).
- The minimum transfer with the promotion is 10,000 IHG Points.
- Currently, points transfer at a ratio of 10,000:2000.
- You will receive a 300-point bonus for every 10,000 IHG points you transfer with the offer.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks for the transfer and bonus points to post to your Velocity account.
This promotion takes an exceptionally poor value transfer and makes it a little less bad. That being said, it can make sense in a few limited situations. If you are a few points short of an upcoming redemption and have some orphan IHG points, the promo can be a great way of using them up.
This promotion can also be a lifesaver if you have a stack of Virgin Velocity points that are fast approaching their expiration deadline. By all accounts, transferring your points should count as eligible activity and extend the validity of your points for a further 24 months.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.