AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promo has expired.
Through November 20th, 2016, you can earn up to 5,000 bonus miles each with American Airlines and United Airlines, and up to 3,000 bonus miles with Alaska Airlines, when you do your shopping online! This means that if you plan carefully and keep track of what you spend through which shopping portal, you can earn up to 13,000 bonus miles across the three airlines.
These bonus miles are in addition to the miles you would normally earn on your purchases anyway. For example, if you spend $1,500 on sites that offer 2 miles/$ through the American Airlines or United Airlines shopping portals, you’ll come away with a total of 8,000 miles: 5,000 bonus miles from the promotion plus the 3,000 miles earned with your purchase.
The only bad news about this deal is that it doesn’t last long enough! The promotion ends on November 20th, 2016, so any purchases made after that date won’t qualify for the promotion. It’s easy to imagine this particular deadline was set to avoid the promotion overlapping with Black Friday or Cyber Monday. While the timing is understandable, it’s still disappointing that those holiday bargains won’t qualify for this promotion.
Full Details of the Promotion
- Earn 500 bonus miles when you spend $150 or more
- Earn 2,500 bonus miles through American Airlines or United Airlines, or 1,500 bonus miles through Alaska Airlines, when you spend $750 or more
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles through American Airlines or United Airlines, or 3,000 bonus miles through Alaska Airlines, when you spend $1,500 or more
- The promotion runs from 10/31/2016 through 11:59:59 PM Eastern time on 11/20/2016.
Portals to Use to Earn Bonuses
To begin working toward earning these bonus miles, shop online through any of these three shopping portals:
What’s the Catch?
- The miles may take up to 8-10 weeks after the end of the promotion to show up in your account, so you may not even see them this year. If you’re looking for a quick way to keep your account and miles active, look elsewhere.
- As mentioned above, this promotion expires on November 20th, 2016 — before Cyber Monday.
- The bonus miles aren’t cumulative. If you spend $1,000 through American Airlines or United Airlines, you’ll get a total of 2,500 bonus miles, not 2,500 for reaching $750 plus 500 for reaching $150.
- As usual, returns, cancellations, cash equivalent purchases, taxes, and so on are not included in the spend amount.
- Shopping through each airline’s portal is calculated separately. If you spend $500 each on the American Airlines, United Airlines, and Alaska Airlines' portals, you will receive only 500 bonus miles on each airline; the total spending doesn’t accumulate across airlines to give you the larger bonus. Plan ahead and spend wisely to ensure you’re maximizing your rewards with your preferred airline.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.