AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
For just over a week, you can earn up to 7x SkyMiles on purchases of Delta gift cards. The promotion runs from November 20–29, 2023, and no enrollment is required. However, unlike in previous years, your bonus earning rate depends on your Delta Medallion elite status. Plus, you'll need to be really generous to trigger bonus mileage earnings.
Here are the important terms and how to take advantage of this promotion.
Up to 7x SkyMiles Promotion on Delta Gift Cards
Between November 20 and November 29, SkyMiles members will earn at least 3x SkyMiles on Delta gift card purchases of $400 or more. The gift cards do not expire, and no enrollment is required.
Here are the key terms:
- Visit the promotion's landing page here.
- Buy $400 or more in Delta Gift cards from the promotion page or http://promo.giftcards.delta.com between November 20 and 29, 2023.
- Bonus miles will only be triggered on Delta gift card purchases of $400 or more.
- The bonus miles you'll earn depend on your Delta Medallion elite status tier:
- SkyMiles members: 3x miles.
- Silver Medallion elites: 4x miles.
- Gold Medallion elites: 5x miles.
- Platinum Medallion elites: 6x miles.
- Diamond Medallion elites: 7x miles.
- Bonus SkyMiles will be awarded automatically; enrollment or registration is not required.
- Allow up to 14 business days after the promotion ends to receive your bonus SkyMiles.
- Enter a valid, accurate SkyMiles number at checkout in order to receive the bonus miles.
- Only customers with a U.S. billing address and over the age of 18 are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable.
- Delta Gift Cards are non-refundable once purchased and have no expiration date. Full terms are here.
How Much is This Delta Gift Card Promotion Worth?
AwardWallet users have redeemed SkyMiles for an average of 1.37¢ per mile. However, this value ranges from 1.24¢ for U.S. domestic flights in economy up to 2.53¢ in long-haul, international business class. Even for those who fly Delta a lot, buying a $400 gift card to get 2,800 extra SkyMiles isn't going to be game-changing. You're just getting something around $40 worth of points, on average.
Where this deal becomes great is that Delta processes its gift card sales directly. That means the purchase of gift cards should code as an airfare purchase. So, you could earn 7X SkyMiles plus up to 5X miles or points on the purchases — depending on which credit card you use. See our list of the best credit cards for travel purchases for ideas. Thus, on a $400 purchase, you could end up with $40 worth of Delta SkyMiles and $40 worth of bank points — plus your Delta gift card, of course.
Like with many aspects of the SkyMiles program, this promotion to earn bonus Delta SkyMiles on gift cards has been subjected to significant inflation. In 2022, you only needed to buy $250 in gift cards to earn bonus miles. This year, you'll need to spend $400+ on gift cards to trigger the bonus.
Even if you're a Diamond elite, earning 7x SkyMiles on Delta gift card purchases isn't earth-shattering. However, it's a nice little bonus if you're considering getting someone a really, really nice gift. Keep in mind that you can't use Delta gift cards to pay the taxes/fees on award bookings, so this gift card is only valid on purchasing a cash ticket.
What do you think about this offer? Will you be buying any gift cards to earn up to 7X SkyMiles?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.