AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Through December 31, 2024, Executive Club members can earn double tier points by booking an eligible package through the current British Airways Holidays promotion. To qualify, holiday packages must include at least five days of car rentals or hotel accommodations.
Here are the details of this promotion and the major caveat which will determine whether you should take advantage of it.
British Airways Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion
British Airways Holidays is BA’s hotel and rental car package booking platform. Members can book a holiday package including a flight with a hotel and/or car and potentially get a better price than booking each element separately. Travelers generally earn 1 Avios for every £1 spent on the full amount of the holiday package.
Even better, through December 31, 2024, Executive Club members can earn double tier points by booking a British Airways Holidays package of five or more days. To qualify for this promotion, members must book a car and/or hotel for the duration of the package.
Recently, British Airways Holidays tightened the rules. Previously, members could book a car or hotel to get double tier points, but then not use the car or hotel. Now members must actually pick up the car or stay at the hotel to get the bonus points. Additionally, the car and/or hotel have to be booked at the same time as the flight.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is only valid on packages originating in the U.K.
- Flights must have a car rental and/or hotel accommodation booked with the package, not separately. Additionally, members must use the car or hotel for the full duration of the package to earn bonus tier points.
- British Airways Executive Club members must provide their membership account number at the time of booking.
- Existing bookings will earn double tier points as long as they meet the requirements: 5+ days and include a car and/or a hotel booking.
- Standard tier points will post to the member's account with the completion of the return flight, and the bonus tier points will post 14 days later.
This is a great promotion to take advantage of if you're chasing Executive Club elite status and planning a trip of five or more days (that leaves from the UK).
Just keep in mind that you won't earn hotel points for the hotel part of the package when using British Airways Holidays, as it's a third-party booking platform. And not all travelers will want to sacrifice earning hotel points and elite status credits in exchange for more tier points.
Have you used British Airways Holidays before?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.