AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Capital One just launched a new 20% transfer bonus to British Airways Executive Club Avios. The promotion is valid on transfers through August 31, 2022.
This is the first time Capital One has offered a transfer bonus to British Airways since improving the transfer ratio from 4:3 to 1:1. Now with the promotion, you'll get 1,200 Avios per 1,000 Capital One miles transferred.
Capital One-British Airways Transfer Bonus Key Terms
- Receive a 20% bonus when you transfer Capital One Miles to British Airways Executive Club Avios.
- The promotion is valid for transfers through August 31, 2022, 11:59 PM EDT.
- With the promotion, you will receive 1,200 Avios for every 1,000 Capital One Miles you transfer.
- The minimum transfer is 1,000 miles.
- While we don’t have an exact answer, multiple data points only indicate that transfers from Capital One to BA are instantaneous.
Using British Airways Executive Club Avios
If your travel plans permit, there is some excellent value to be had booking awards using British Airways Avios — even despite the dreaded fuel surcharges BA imposes. Like many airline programs, often the best use of BA Avios is on partner airlines. You can maximize your Avios and the promotion with any of the following award redemptions:
- 13,000 Avios for one-way awards in economy from the west coast to Hawaii aboard Alaska or American Airlines plus taxes and fees. With this promotion, that is a mere 11k Capital One Miles.
- 13,000 Avios for one-way economy awards from the East Coast of the US to Ireland on Aer Lingus plus taxes and fees. With the promotion that's just 11k Capital One Miles for a flight to Europe!
- 34,000 Avios for one-way awards in business class from the East Coast of the US (Boston and NY) to Madrid on Iberia plus taxes and fees. With the promotion, that's just 29k Capital One Miles. Best of all, British Airways recently cut the taxes and fees on this route.
Is it worth it?
Look at your travel plans, and you will have your answer. If you can make use of this promotion based on your upcoming travel plans, then it is a great deal that has arrived in time. If your travel plans don’t dovetail with this offer, it is never worth transferring credit card points to miles, speculatively regardless of how good the bonus is!
Capital One Transfer History Timeline
Historically Capital One has not offered many transfer bonuses to British Airways. The last one was in August 2021, when a bonus of 33% was offered. However, at this time, the Capital One Miles transfer ratio to British Airways was 2:1.5, not 1:1 like it is today. So even with the promotion, the ratio was only 1:1.
It is excellent news to see Capital One start to offer a few more transfer bonuses. Even more so if you consider Capital One has historically neglected transfers bonuses to British Airways. If you can make this offer work with your travel plans, that is a bonus. Also make sure to check out the Flying Blue transfer bonus — which also gives you a 20% transfer bonus and runs through August 31, 2022.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.