AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Capital One just relaunched its 20% transfer bonus to Air France/KLM Flying Blue. The promotion is valid for transfers through December 1, 2021. With the recent improvement to Capital One transfers to Flying Blue (now 1:1), this bonus is better than previous iterations. These are the details and when it can make sense to utilize the promotion.
- The promotion is valid for transfers through December 1, 2021 at 4:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time.
- Receive a 20% bonus when you transfer Capital One miles to Air France/KLM Flying Blue.
- With the promotion, receive 1,200 miles for every 1,000 Capital One miles you transfer.
- Transfers can be made in increments of 100 Capital One miles
- Transfers to Flying Blue typically occur instantaneously.
Using Flying Blue Miles
Air France/KLM Flying Blue has some great sweet spots — especially if you are looking at international destinations for flights originating beyond the U.S. However, there is still excellent value to be had on flights from the U.S., including:
- Partner awards between the U.S. and Mexico from 14,500 miles on Delta.
- Awards between the U.S. and Europe or North Africa from 21,500 in economy one way and 53,000 in business class one way. And this can be reduced even more through Promo Rewards.
- Awards from the contiguous U.S. to the Middle East for 34,000 miles one-way in economy or 85,000 miles in business class.
- Economy class awards from the contiguous U.S. to Hawaii for 17,500 miles one way.
Now that Capital One transfers to Flying Blue are at a 1:1 ratio, this deal is even better than before.
For example, you can fly business class from Chicago to Rome for 53,000 miles. That only requires transferring 45,000 Capital One miles during this promotion.
In addition to the standard Flying Blue sweet spots, one of the best values that can be had is through the monthly Promo Rewards promotion. Every month Flying Blue discounts a wide range of global destinations for between 25% and 50%. Keeping an eye on the awards is well worth it since it only takes a couple of minutes to check each month, and there can be some great value to be had.
Is It Worth It?
If you have a redemption in mind, this is excellent. If not, do the math. We never recommend transferring speculatively just because you see a bonus. However, for those of you who either redeem Flying Blue miles often or have a redemption coming up soon, you should be really happy with the bonus.
Capital One Flying Blue Transfer Bonus History
Capital One has offered this same 20% transfer bonus offer a few times before:
- 20% transfer bonus through June 30, 2019
- 20% transfer bonus through November 30, 2019
- 20% transfer bonus through September 30, 2021
Since the launch of its airline transfer partner program, Capital One has launched several transfer bonus promotions. While they do provide value — like all points-transfer promotions — it is never worth moving points speculatively and losing the flexibility of credit card points. However, if the promotion works with your travel plans and goals, then there is some good value to be had with this offer!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.