AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yes, Frontier Miles do expire if there is no accrual activity on your account in the past 6 months. According to the Frontier terms and conditions page:
“Mileage in a Member’s account does not expire so long as the Member generates accrual activity every six months”
However, due to Covid-19, Frontier is one of many airlines, hotels, and other loyalty programs that have paused the expiration of miles. Frontier says that it will provide “90-day communication to all members with miles before resuming expirations.”
Frontier also says that it may send you an email informing you that some of your miles are about to expire. However, the terms clearly state that if the airline does not send you an email that is not ground to have your miles reinstated for free. That being said, if your miles expire, you can have them reinstated for a fee.
Earning Frontier Miles
- Fly with Frontier.
- Spend on your Frontier Airlines World Mastercard.
- Buy flowers with Teleflora or wine with Vinesse.
- Rent a car with Alamo, Avis, Budget, National, Hertz, or Thrifty.
- Stay at Marriott Bonvoy, Wyndham Rewards, and Radisson Rewards.
- Spend with Home Chef.
- Take a Frontier cruise.
Reinstating Your Frontier Miles
If your Frontier Miles expire, you can reinstate them for a fee. According to Frontier, the fee structure is as follows:
- 1 to 25,000 miles – $50 fee
- 25,001 to 50,000 miles – $100 fee
- 50,001 to 75,000 miles – $150 fee
- 75,001 to 100,000 miles – $200 fee
- 100,001 to 125,000 miles – $250 fee
- 125,001 to 150,000 miles – $300 fee
- 150,001 to 175,000 miles – $350 fee
- 175,001 to 200,000 miles – $400 fee
- 200,001 to 250,000 miles – $450 fee
- 250,001+ miles – $500 fee
6 months is one of the least generous expiration deadlines we have seen. Typically, airline miles expire after 18-24 months of inactivity. Fortunately, there are multiple options for extending your mileage validity, including through everyday spending using the Frontier co-branded credit card.
One thing to remember is to not count on getting an email reminder from Frontier about any miles that are about to expire. You are better off using Award Wallet to track your Frontier Miles and get notifications when you have Miles that are about to expire.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.