AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Hilton Honors has brought back its Diamond status extension offer last seen in 2017. This time around, eligible Diamond status holders can request their status be extended for one year. The extension can only be used once, and qualifying members do not need to provide a reason why they want to extend their status.
Key Terms of the Hilton Diamond Extension Offer
- You can request a one-time Hilton Diamond status extension.
- The status extension is for a period of one year.
- This benefit is only available once during a member's membership lifetime.
- You need to meet the qualifying requirement to request the extension.
- Once granted, the status is final and cannot be reversed.
- Diamond status from a status match can not count towards one of the 3 qualifying years.
- At the end of the extension, you need to meet the qualifying requirement to maintain Hilton Diamond status.
Hilton Diamond Extension Qualification Requirements
To qualify for the Diamond Status extension, you must meet the following:
- Hold Diamond status that expires on March 31, 2023.
- Have spent at least 3 years at Diamond status. The years do not have to be consecutive.
- Have stayed at least 250 nights, including reward stays, or earned 500,000 or more base points since joining Hilton Honors.
Requesting a Reminder
At this point in time, it is too early to request the Diamond status extension. However, you can request a reminder from Hilton in early 2023. The reminder will also tell you if you qualify for the offer or not. To request a reminder, head to the promotion page, click “request a reminder,” and log into your account.
Other Options for Hilton Elite Status
If you want to achieve Hilton elite status without meeting the stay requirements, look no further than some of Hilton's co-branded credit cards. Many Hiltons Amex-issued cards come with an elite status level as a complementary perk. The following cards come with the following elite levels.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card — which grants cardholders complimentary Diamond status.
- Gold status is complimentary for cardholders of the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and the The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Card — which grants cardholders complimentary Silver status.
You also have options if you are looking for Hilton status but want to earn more flexible points. Both of the following American Express cards earn Membership Rewards points yet come with Hilton Honors Gold status:
Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
It is excellent news to see Hilton returning this offer to its elite members. Leveraging your historic loyalty to a brand to maintain your status is always welcome news. Hopefully, other hotels and airlines will jump on the bandwagon and realize loyalty goes both ways.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.