AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
For current World of Hyatt Globalists who are running short on nights to maintain your status, this shortcut could be great news. Hyatt is now offering select Globalist members a fast track on qualification for status next year.
- Stay 20 nights and qualify for Globalist elite status.
- You have from the time you enroll until February 28, 2022 to complete the required nights.
- To enroll, contact your concierge, as the offer is not publicly available.
- Elite status will be extended through early 2023 after qualifying.
- Must be a current Hyatt Globalist to be eligible for the fast track qualification offer.
Hyatt's Current Elite Status Requirements
As a reminder, Hyatt reduced its requirements to earn and maintain elite status in 2021. Here are the number of base points or nights you need for 2021:
- Discoverist — 12,500 Base Points or 5 Elite-Qualifying Nights
- Explorist — 25,000 Base Points or 15 Elite-Qualifying Nights
- Globalist — 50,000 Base Points or 30 Elite-Qualifying Nights
With this shortcut offer from Hyatt, Globalists only need 20 elite-qualifying nights, rather than the 30 required for this year.
Related Content: Hyatt Halves 2021 Elite-Qualification Requirements
Additionally, The World of Hyatt Credit Card cardholders receive 5 tier-qualifying night credits towards status after account opening and each year after that, for as long as your account is open. These 5 nights may count towards the 20-night requirement when they post in early 2022, although we can't confirm it for sure.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort.
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Up to 9X points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
Hyatt hasn't yet announced its plan for earning elite status in 2022. But hopefully, this is a good sign of things to come. For current Globalists worried about retaining Hyatt status for 2022, make sure to check out this shortcut to status and see if it makes sense for you.
Now go out and call your concierge!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.