AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Scotiabank offers three cash back products to is Canadian customers under the Momentum brand: the Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa, the Scotia Momentum VISA card, and the Scotia Momentum® VISA* Infinite Card. The Visa Infinite is considered the premium product among these three, and while it comes with a higher annual fee, it also provides an extensive array of benefits. Additionally, the Infinite card is significantly more rewarding.
Cash Back Details for the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
The Momentum Visa Infinite has four bonus cash back categories:
- Gas stations (4%)
- Grocery stores (4%)
- Drug stores (2%)
- Recurring bill payments (2%)
At gas stations and grocery stores, the card earns 4% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually, while it earns 2% cash back on the on the first $25,000 spent at drug stores and in connection with recurring bill payments. All other purchases earn 1% cash back, including those more than $25,000 in the category bonus groups.
Per the terms and conditions of the card:
Recurring payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis automatically billed by the merchant to your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card. Recurring payments are typically telecommunication, insurance, membership, subscriptions etc. purchases. Not all merchants offer recurring payments.
If you can maximize the cash back earned from the bonus categories on the Momentum Visa Infinite, you could earn at least $1,500 in cash back annually. Even if you only spend $5,000 on each of the category bonus groups, you would earn at least $300 in cash back annually.
Visa Infinite Benefits
Visa Infinite cards provide an array of extraordinary benefits worldwide, and the Momentum Visa Infinite is no exception. Among the Infinite-related benefits provided by this card are the following:
- Access to exclusive offers through VisaInfinite.ca.
- Visa Infinite complimentary concierge service available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, which can help with almost any request, from planning activities to making restaurant reservations, and helping you select the perfect gift.
- Access to Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, which provides benefits such as automatic room upgrades (where available) and complimentary continental breakfast.
- Visa Infinite Dining Series with dining experiences in some of Canada's top restaurants, where you can dine in a private, sophisticated setting. Each event will include a sparkling wine reception with hors d'oeuvres, a multi-course meal with wine pairings, and the opportunity to meet the host chef.
- Special access to unique offers and experiences.
Requirements, Rates, and Fees
- You're a Canadian citizen OR are a Permanent Resident
- You're at least the age of majority in your province or territory
- You've not declared bankruptcy in the past 7 years
- Your annual gross income is at least $60,000 or your household income is at least $100,000
- The annual fee for the Momentum Visa Infinite is $99 (waived first year). Additional users can be added for $30 each.
- The minimum credit limit provided with this card is $5,000.
For Canadian residents interested in a credit card that allows you to maximize cash back earnings, the Momentum Visa Infinite is an excellent product, especially if you tend to spend a lot on grocery stores and gas stations. The Visa Infinite benefits provided alone can make the annual fee worth it and with cash back, you're earning the most flexible travel rewards currency.
*All rates mentioned are in CAD.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.