AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Update: Donations to Stand Up To Cancer through this promotion have already reached $3,000,000! That's great news for cancer research. However, it means that donors will only earn 25X AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on further donations.
American Airlines just sweetened its partnership with Stand Up To Cancer. Now through September 30, AAdvantage members will earn at least 25 miles on the dollar for all Stand Up to Cancer donations over $25. And you'll earn a whopping 50X miles when making a donation using an AAdvantage co-branded Mastercard.
AAdvantage Miles for Stand Up to Cancer Donations
From August 19 to September 30, 2023, all donations made to Stand Up To Cancer with your American Airlines AAdvantage number will earn even more AAdvantage miles. The typical rate for Stand Up To Cancer donations is 10 miles per dollar donated. But, for the next 1.5 months, donations receive at least 25 miles for every dollar donated.
Even better, AAdvantage members who use their U.S.-issued American Airlines AAdvantage Mastercard to make the donation will receive double. That's 50 miles for every dollar donated.
The terms and conditions doesn't list eligible cards. But all AAdvantage co-branded Mastercards should qualify, including:
- American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World Elite™ MasterCard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Blue Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® World Elite Business Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select® MasterCard®
The minimum donation is $25. After that, you can donate at any increment, up to a maximum of $10,000. A donation of $25 will earn 625 AAdvantage miles, a $100 donation would earn 2,500 miles, etc.
If you use an American Airlines AAdvantage Mastercard, your miles will be doubled:
- $25 donation = 1,250 miles
- $50 donation = 2,500 miles
- $100 donation = 5,000 miles
Go to StandUpToCancer.org/american-airlines-donate-50-mile to make your donation.
Terms and Conditions
- These are considered “bonus miles”, so they don't count as Loyalty Points toward status qualification.
- Bonus ends on September 30, 2023 — or when donations reach a combined $3,000,000.
- Allow up to twelve weeks for the bonus miles to be posted to your account.
- Donations can only be accepted in U.S. dollars.
- Donations through this promotion are non-refundable.
- Each mile is valued at 3 cents per mile for charitable deduction purposes. The receipt of miles may reduce the tax decuctibility of your contribution.
What is Stand Up to Cancer?
Stand Up to Cancer is a charitable program that has been collecting donations for cancer research since 2008. Since then, it's raised hundreds of millions of dollars, primarily through online and televised efforts. One of the first telethons in 2008 was broadcast to over 170 countries and raised over $100 million. 100% of funds raised are forwarded to and distributed by the American Association for Cancer Research.
This is a great promotion, considering you can effectively buy AAdvantage miles at 2 cents each. That's less than the 2.45 cents each through the ongoing American Airlines buy miles promotion. This is a great way to gain a nice chunk of miles for your donations if you're a fan of donating to cancer research. And if you're just looking at buying more AAdvantage miles, this is currently your best chance to do so.
Some American Airlines AAdvantage awards cost as little as 6,000 miles. You'd only need to donate $120 using an American Airlines AAdvantage Mastercard to earn enough miles to book such an award.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.