AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
World of Hyatt Globalist elite status is considered by many travelers to be the best top-tier hotel elite status. That's thanks to truly top-tier perks like suite upgrades, lounge access, free breakfast, and waived resort and parking fees. Plus, you can share these elite status perks with friends and family through the Hyatt Guest of Honor perk.
Pique your interest? Well, earning Hyatt elite status just got much easier with the new welcome offer on the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. New cardholders will earn double elite night credits through the end of the year. And that's on top of a generous points sign-up bonus that's worth more than $1,300 based on recent redemptions.
Here's how to maximize the new offer on the Hyatt Business Card to shortcut your way to Hyatt elite status.
- World of Hyatt Business Card Sign-Up Bonus
- Benefits of World of Hyatt Elite Status
- Earning Hyatt Globalist Elite Status Using the World of Hyatt Business Card
- Other Shortcuts to Earning World of Hyatt Elite Status
- Bottom Line
World of Hyatt Business Card Sign-Up Bonus
Apply for the Hyatt Business Card by October 6, 2022 to earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
In recent AwardWallet user redemptions, World of Hyatt points provided 2.22 cents per point in value. At that redemption rate, the 60,000-point sign-up bonus is worth over $1,300! This sign-up bonus is going to make giving this card a closer look — even if you don't care to earn World of Hyatt elite status.
- 60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/23, then your top two categories each quarter.
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- Limited Time offer: Apply by 10/6/22 and get the card to receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for each night you stay from 8/23/22 through 12/31/22.
- Up to $100 in Hyatt statement credits - spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property and earn $50 statement credits up to two times each anniversary year.
- 5 Tier-Qualifying night credits toward status and Milestone rewards for every $10,000 you spend in a calendar year.
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open. Plus, Discoverist status to up to five employees
- Up to 9X total points per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
In addition, you'll earn 2X points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/2023, then your top two categories each quarter. Eligible categories include:
- Airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline
- Local transit & commuting
- Social media & search engine Advertising
- Car rental agencies
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable & phone services
But it's the elite status accelerator that makes this welcome offer even more appealing. Cardholders that apply by October 6, 2022 will receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for every eligible night stay at a Hyatt hotel between August 23 and December 31, 2022. That's a huge shortcut toward earning status this year.
Let's review why World of Hyatt elite status is worth chasing.
Benefits of World of Hyatt Elite Status
World of Hyatt offers three tiers of elite status: Discoverist (10 nights), Explorist (30 nights), and Globalist (60 nights).
Discoverist offers 10% bonus points, preferred room upgrades, premium internet, and 2pm late checkout (subject to availability). Hyatt Business Card cardholders — and up to five employees — receive this elite status as a card benefit.
Explorist elites get all Discoverist perks plus 20% bonus points, upgraded rooms (excluding suites), and guaranteed room availability with 72-hours notice.
Globalist is where the real perks kick in. In addition to Explorist perks, you'll get 30% bonus points, suite upgrades, full hot breakfast, lounge access, free parking, waived resort fees, 4pm checkout (subject to availability), priority access for early check-in, and Guest of Honor — which lets you share your elite perks with friends and family.
Learn more: All of the World of Hyatt Elite Status Benefits
You'll also earn Milestone Rewards as you reach set Tier-Qualifying Night thresholds. These include club lounge awards, free night awards, bonus points, Hyatt gift cards, suite night awards, and more.
Earning Hyatt Globalist Elite Status Using the World of Hyatt Business Card
Let's run through some scenarios to show how you can use the Hyatt Business Card to shortcut your way to World of Hyatt Globalist status.
Catching Up After Falling Behind [30 Tier-Qualifying Nights]
Say you're a current Hyatt Globalist but currently find yourself at just half the required 60 Tier-Qualifying Nights to requalify. This Hyatt Business Card card offer can help you catch up quickly. You can earn the remaining 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights in just 15 nights at a Hyatt hotel through the end of the year.
You'll want to spend at least $5,000 on the card to earn the sign-up bonus. By spending another $5k (for a total of $10k) by year-end, you'll earn 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights. Then, you'll only need to spend 13 more nights in a Hyatt hotel.
Elevating Your Status [20 Tier-Qualifying Nights]
Alternatively, let's assume you've earned 20 Tier-Qualifying Nights so far this year — putting you on track to earn Explorist this year. Getting the Hyatt Business Card can help accelerate you toward Hyatt Globalist status.
Assuming you spend $10k on the card through the end of the year, you'll only need to spend 18 more nights in Hyatt hotels to earn 60 Tier-Qualifying Nights for the year. Slash that requirement to 15 nights in a Hyatt hotel by spending $20k on the Hyatt Business Card by the end of the year.
Starting From Scratch [5 Tier-Qualifying Nights]
If you're considering getting a Hyatt co-branded credit card, you've hopefully stayed at least a handful of nights in a Hyatt this year. But, let's assume that your elite status counter is currently at just 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights. Even in this case, the Hyatt Business Card makes earning Hyatt Globalist elite status possible.
To earn the remaining nights through stays alone, you'll need to spend 28 nights in a Hyatt hotel by year-end. That's about 1 of every 4 nights remaining this year — which is certainly possible for road warriors.
You can drop the stay requirement by spending more on the Hyatt Business Card. For example, if you spend $30k on the card by the end of the year, you'll earn 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights from card spending. That means you'll only need to stay 20 nights in a Hyatt hotel.
Other Shortcuts to Earning World of Hyatt Elite Status
One of the most appealing aspects of this Hyatt Business Card status accelerator is that there aren't many shortcuts for getting World of Hyatt elite status. Here's a roundup of the options.
Match From World of Hyatt Partners
Unlike many hotel loyalty programs, World of Hyatt doesn't offer status matches from other hotel programs or provide a publicly available status challenge. However, you can currently leverage elite status from two loyalty programs to get World of Hyatt elite status:
- MGM Rewards: MGM Rewards elites can match up to World of Hyatt Explorist elite status.
- American Airlines AAdvantage: AAdvantage status members can enroll by November 30, 2022 to get World of Hyatt Explorist elite status for 90 days. During that period, AAdvantage elites can challenge to get Explorist or Globalist through February 2024.
Hyatt Credit Card Spending
The only other way to shortcut your way to World of Hyatt elite status is through credit card spending.
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card cardholders earn 2 Tier-Qualifying Nights for every $5,000 spent on the card in a calendar year. Plus, cardholders get 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights each calendar year as a benefit of being a cardholder.
- Hyatt Business Card cardholders earn 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights for every $10,000 spend on the card in a calendar year.
Earning World of Hyatt elite status just got a lot easier. Apply for the Hyatt Business Card by October 6 to get double elite night credits on Hyatt stays through the end of the year. Plus, eligible new cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points — a sign-up bonus worth more than $1,300 based on recent Hyatt redemptions.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.