AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Airlines has announced a great promotion, where you will earn a 25% bonus when you convert hotel points to AA miles. To take advantage of this promotion, you don’t have to register, just initiate a routine transfer, and the bonus miles will be added automatically.
Which Hotels are Eligible?
You can only transfer points from Hotels that are partnered up with American Airlines. Below are AA’s Airline partners, and the base points transfer rate. You will receive a 25% bonus on top of the base rate.
- Best Western: 5,000 points = 1,000 miles
- Club Carlson: 2,000 points = 200 miles
- Choice hotels: 5,000 points = 1,000 miles
- Hilton: 10,000 points = 1,500 miles
- Hyatt: 5,000 points = 2,000 miles
- IHG: 10,000 points = 2,000 miles
- Marriott: 10,000 points = 2,000 miles
- SPG: 2,500 points = 2,500 miles
- Wyndham: 6,000 points = 1,200 miles
One thing to remember with this promotion, is that if you transfer 20,000 SPG Starpoints, you will automatically receive a 5,000-point transfer bonus. Meaning 20,000 Starpoints will give you 25,000 AA miles + 25% bonus.
Key Terms and Conditions
The Promotion is relatively straightforward, with only a few terms and conditions. The Key T&C’s are as follows:
- You must be in good standing with the AAdvantage Program
- You must initiate the transfer by 23:59 CT on June 15, 2017
- You can make multiple conversions with multiple hotel partners
- The offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined
- Conversions for Hotel + Air Packages from Hotel Partners are included in the promotion
- Bonus miles from the promotion do not count towards AA Elite Status
- Allow up to 7 days for the bonus miles to post to your account
This is a great offer from American Airlines; the standout transfer options are SPG and Marriott. If you transfer 20,000 Starpoints, you will end up with 31,250 points which is an excellent ratio of 1:1.56. Booking a Hotel + Air package can also prove very lucrative since you will earn 25% bonus on the miles. You can even squeeze out a few extra miles if you cancel the hotel reservation since you will earn miles back. Have you decided how many points you will transfer to AA?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.