AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yes, if the is no points activity on your account for 24 months, your Radisson Rewards points may expire. If you are wondering why the rule sounds vague, it is because Radisson's terms and conditions are equally ambiguous. Per the Radisson Rewards terms and conditions page:
“If there is no points activity in your Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards for Bookers and Planners account for any 24-month period, we may, at any time and in our sole discretion and without notice or liability to you, void and cancel any or all of your points.”
Although the terms do not state that your points will expire, treating the 24 months as a hard deadline is best to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Goodbye Radisson Americas
In 2021, Radisson split its loyalty program into two: Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas. Each had its own terms and expiration policies, although you could transfer points and status between programs for free.
However, Radisson Rewards Americas ceased to exist on July 18, 2023 when it merged with Choice privileges. All your points, status, and credit should have been moved to Choice Privileges by now. You should still be able to access your Radisson Rewards Americas account, although it has minimal functionality.
Earning Radisson Rewards Points
There are many ways to pick up Radisson Points, although there is some variation between programs:
- Stay at a Radisson Rewards-affiliated hotel.
- Rent a car with a Radisson Rewards car rental partner Sixt.
- Buy Radisson points.
- Gift Radisson Rewards points to friends and family.
- Shop at the Bicester Shopping collection.
- Transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards (U.K. cardholders only)
Redeeming Radisson Rewards Points
You can use your points for various redemptions including:
- Reward nights at Radisson Rewards hotels.
- Offset your carbon footprint with First Climate.
- Redeem your points for airline miles.
- Get lounge access with a Priority Pass membership (160,000 points for a Priority Pass Standard Plus Membership of one year with 10 free visits included).
- Donate your points to SOS Children’s Villages and help Ukrainian Refugees.
- Offset your carbon footprint during stays.
One point to note is that redeeming points for a Priority Pass membership provides horrific value. Please don't redeem in this way. Numerous credit cards offer a Priority Pass membership at a better value.
Now that Radisson Rewards has no hotels in the Americas, it is more difficult to use and leverage value from the if you are based in North or South America. However, if you are based in other parts of the world or take frequent international, the program could be worth a closer look. Radisson Rewards points are worth less now, thanks to an October 2022 devaluation, but it's still a relatively simple program with a generous policy on when your points expire.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.