AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Yet another airline is offering a substantial bonus when transferring hotel points into miles. Until April 30, 2021, you can get a 50% transfer bonus when converting points from a variety of programs to Etihad Guest. For most travelers, the most-relevant programs are Marriott Bonvoy and Accor Live Limitless.
Obviously, this deal won't be for everyone. But, don't blow off this deal just because you don't plan to travel to (or through) the Middle East. That's because there are plenty of Etihad Guest sweet spots that don't touch the Middle East.
50% Etihad Transfer Bonus Promotion
For the month of April 2021, Etihad is giving a 50% bonus when transferring points from several hotel and bank programs. All the banks are only located in the United Arab Emirates. So, it's the hotel reward programs that you are probably interested in: Marriott Bonvoy and Accor Live Limitless.
Until April 30, you will get 50% bonus Etihad Guest miles when transferring points from your Marriott Bonvoy or Accor accounts.
- Marriott Bonvoy points typically transfer to Etihad Guest at a rate of 3 points to 1 mile — plus 5,000 bonus miles when you transfer 60,000 points. With this promotion, you'll get 1 mile per 2 points transferred. If you transfer 60,000 Marriott points, you'll get a total of 37,500 Etihad Guest miles.
- Accor points transfer at a rate of 2 points to 1 mile. With this promotion, that becomes 2 to 1.5.
If you're in the Middle East, here are the other banks and programs you can transfer from and get the 50% bonus miles:
- ADCB Touchpoints
- Joud Rewards
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Emirates NBD
- FAB Stars
- AIMIA (Air Miles/My Reward Points)
- SHARE points
- CBI Rewards
Etihad Transfer Bonus Terms and Conditions
- The transfer can't be reversed once initiated.
- Ensure you use your Etihad Guest membership number when making the transfer.
- The transfer must be completed before midnight on April 30, 2021.
- Your 50% bonus Etihad Guest miles will post to your account before May 10, 2021.
- Not valid with any other offer.
How to Use Etihad Guest Miles
There are some really good deals you can get with your Etihad Guest miles. You can use your miles with dozens of Etihad's partners.
For instance, you can transfer 73,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get 44,000 Etihad Guest miles. That's enough to fly business class between the US and Africa on Royal Air Maroc — or between the US and Europe on Brussels.
Or you can transfer 93,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get 54,000 Etihad Guest miles. That's enough miles to fly ANA business class on a flight up to 5,000 flight miles — such as from Seattle to Tokyo.
This promotion only valuable for Etihad Guest members. If you're one of them, you'll need to decide whether your points are more valuable in your Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless, or bank program account, or in Etihad Guest miles. Either way, this is the best transfer rate we've seen Etihad offer. If you have use of more Etihad Guest miles, then this is a promotion to take advantage of.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.