AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yet another airline is offering a substantial bonus when transferring hotel points into miles. Until October 31, 2021, you can get a 50% transfer bonus when converting points from various programs to Etihad Guest. For most travelers, the most relevant program is Marriott Bonvoy.
This deal won't be for everyone. But don't blow off this deal just because you don't plan to travel to (or through) the Middle East. That's because there are plenty of Etihad Guest sweet spots that don't touch the Middle East.
50% Etihad Transfer Bonus Promotion
For the month of October 2021, Etihad is giving a 50% bonus when transferring points from several hotel and bank programs. The banks participating in this promotion are located in the United Arab Emirates. So, it's the hotel reward program that you're probably interested in: Marriott Bonvoy.
Until October 31, you will get a 50% bonus Etihad Guest miles when transferring points from your Marriott Bonvoy accounts.
- Marriott Bonvoy points typically transfer to Etihad Guest at a rate of 3 points to 1 mile — plus 5,000 bonus miles when you transfer 60,000 points. With this promotion, you'll get 1 mile per 2 points transferred. If you transfer 60,000 Marriott points, you'll get a total of 37,500 Etihad Guest miles.
If you're in the Middle East, here are the other banks and programs you can transfer from and get the 50% bonus miles:
- KTC FOREVER points
- Inbursa points
Etihad Transfer Bonus Terms and Conditions
- The transfer can't be reversed once initiated.
- Ensure you use your Etihad Guest membership number when making the transfer.
- Point transfers must be completed before midnight on October 31, 2021.
- Your 50% bonus Etihad Guest miles will be posted to your account “within 10 working days of the end date of the promotion.”
- Not valid with any other offer.
How to Use Etihad Guest Miles
There are some really good deals you can get with your Etihad Guest miles. You can use your miles with dozens of Etihad's partners.
For instance, you can transfer 73,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get 44,000 Etihad Guest miles. That's enough to fly business class between the US and Africa on Royal Air Maroc — or between the US and Europe on Brussels.
Or you can transfer 93,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to get 54,000 Etihad Guest miles. That's enough miles to fly ANA business class on a flight up to 5,000 flight miles — such as from Seattle to Tokyo.
This promotion is only valuable for travelers that know how to take advantage of the Etihad Guest program. If you're one of them, you'll need to decide whether your points are more valuable in your Marriott Bonvoy or bank program account — or used through Etihad Guest. Either way, we are happy to see the return of this transfer bonus.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.