AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Hyatt has announced another round of promotional offerings for folks thinking about traveling soon. For a limited time, World of Hyatt members can receive between 15–25% back on award redemptions. Plus, all members will receive complimentary parking.
15–25% Off Award Redemptions Key Terms
- World of Hyatt members receive a 15% rebate on award redemptions for stays between July 8, 2020 and October 8, 2020.
- The World Of Hyatt Credit Card (review) cardholders receive a 25% rebate on award redemptions for stays within the same period.
- You must register by September 1, 2020. World of Hyatt members register here, and World of Hyatt Card cardholders register here.
- Hyatt will issue bonus points to your account 6–8 weeks after each award redemption is completed. There's a cap of 30,000 bonus points back per transaction for World of Hyatt members, and up to 60,000 bonus points back per transaction for World of Hyatt Card cardholders.
- Stays booked prior to registration are eligible to receive bonus points
This discount applies to all kinds of redemptions, including award nights (including Small Luxury Hotels and MGM), Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences, and Lindblad excursions.
Note that this promotion is in addition to the ongoing Hyatt ‘Bonus Journeys' promotion. That promotion offers 3X points on paid stays through September 15, 2020 with an extra bonus for elite members.
For anyone willing to travel soon, this promotion is a fantastic opportunity to save.
- Top tier category eight properties typically cost 40,000 points per night. Under this promotion, WoH members could score the same property for (effectively) as little as 34,000 points per night—or only 30,000 points if you hold the World of Hyatt Card.
- A premium suite upgrade on paid stays normally costs 9,000 points per night. With this promotion, you'd get between 1,350–2,250 points back, lowering the cost to only 6,750–7,650 points per night. Considering the cash prices of some premium suites, you could easily get a ton of value for your Hyatt points.
Free Parking Key Terms
Hyatt seems to realize that many travelers have turned to road trips for their travel fix. So, Hyatt is offering a generous deal designed to take the sting out of parking.
- From July 8, 2020 through October 8, 2020, all World of Hyatt members will receive complimentary parking on free night awards and Points + Cash stays—a benefit generally reserved for Hyatt Globalists.
- During the same period, Hyatt Globalists will also receive complimentary parking on eligible paid stays.
- This deal is only available at properties where parking is billable directly to a room folio.
- Promotion is not valid at Hyatt Residence Club resorts, M life Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels, or Lindblad Expeditions.
- This feature applies to both self-parking and valet parking.
Parking can be expensive, so this is a great way to entice weary road-trippers to stay with Hyatt. The fact that it applies to valet parking makes it even better.
Bonus Points for Dining
In addition to the triple base points currently offered on paid stays, Hyatt has decided to sweeten the pot for diners at its restaurants even if they aren't staying overnight. Well… supposedly. Hyatt's website about it hasn't gone live just yet, but here's what the deal is supposed to entail.
Between July 8, 2020 and October 8, 2020, World of Hyatt members will receive triple base points on dining purchases at eligible Hyatt properties.
- There is no registration required.
- Members will earn 15X total base points (triple the normal rate of 5X base points), not counting any other bonuses offered by elite status or a co-branded credit card.
- The feature is not valid if charged to a room folio.
- You can earn a maximum of 100,000 points per transaction.
Keep in mind that Hyatt tends to have difficulty awarding base points for dining purchases (without an overnight stay) even under normal circumstances. If this bonus is critical for you, be sure to double-check with the restaurant staff before dining.
Hyatt seems to be pulling all the stops to get your business. World of Hyatt members are already earning triple points on paid stays—with a 2,500-point bonus for elite members on their first stay. Now, Hyatt is adding 15–25% back on award bookings, free parking, and triple base points for dining purchases.
Booking a hotel is a hard sell right now, but Hyatt manages to make it more enticing by the week.
Are you staying with Hyatt on your next road trip?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.