AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
A few weeks ago, we reported that Delta was expanding Choice Benefits for its Medallion members. Delta has released some news on their website and they will expand and give Diamond Medallion members more choices for their 2018 choice benefits.
Exclusively for Delta Platinum and Diamond Medallions, Delta affords additional perks for some of their most loyal travelers, choice benefits. While Platinum Medallion members won't see any significant changes, Diamond Medallions have some better picks available to them.
The New Choices
The first change Delta has introduced is that Diamond Medallion members who have gained status for both 2017 and 2018 can opt to choose their Choice benefits at different times. This added flexibility is valid from February 1, 2017.
For 2018, Choice Benefits selections are as follows:
- Diamond Medallion members will receive 3 Choice Benefits as opposed to the previous two
- Delta Sky Club membership is now a Choice benefit and must be chosen by the Diamond Medallion member
- Diamond Medallion members can use one choice benefit to acquire individual Sky Club membership, or they can opt to use two of their Choice Benefits to acquire Executive Sky Club membership
- Diamond members who are Sky Club members through their eligible rewards card can now choose the new option to acquire a Sky Club Guest Pass, which gives unlimited Sky Club Access for two guests per visit (the guests have to be accompanying the card member). Eligible rewards cards include The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card.
- Platinum & Diamond members can now gift bonus miles to another member’s SkyMiles account
- Diamond members can select the same Choice Benefit multiple times excluding Global and Regional Upgrade certificates as well as Sky Club Memberships.
For a full list of all the changes being implemented by Delta, you can visit Delta SkyMiles News.
With so many rewards cards offering Delta Sky Club Membership, this is a great move by Delta, since it offers its most loyal frequent flyers additional flexibility and choice. Those who have an eligible card can avoid doubling up on Sky Club membership. On the other hand, those Diamond members who do not have Sky Club Access through a rewards card can still select it as a Choice Benefit while not losing out since they have had their Choices increased from 2 to 3. So overall, all Diamond members benefit without any losing out.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.